Craziest Project

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

Whats one of the craziest projects you have ever done (Building lego compy case, oil case, doesnt have to be about compys though.)
Mine would probably be the unfinished Knex computer case, My brother and I need a few more things to finish it xD

digital-madman

digital-madman

Linux Supporter
The 386 supercomputer...

I put the machine in a floor standind freezer full of dry ice and put a frozen bottle of vodka on teh CPU...

got it to 900Mhz before the CPU die melted...

lol... had to love 16-bit BSD 3... and its CPU stress loading...

-Digital-Madman

P.S. I almost forgot to add... that this was done when i was in High School... and in the age of...well...I had a 486DX 2/66 which was top of the line then so you can figure how 900mhz was a shocker... And that was 900 sustained... for i think it was 15mins... before meltdown... or should i say the Vodka was liquid the glass fused with the melted die. I had to use a dremel to cut out the socket out of the mothe board... totally melted.

Last edited:
ThePerson98

ThePerson98

Originally posted by digital-madman
The 386 supercomputer...

I put the machine in a floor standind freezer full of dry ice and put a frozen bottle of vodka on teh CPU...

got it to 900Mhz before the CPU die melted...

lol... had to love 16-bit BSD 3... and its CPU stress loading...

-Digital-Madman

P.S. I almost forgot to add... that this was done when i was in High School... and in the age of...well...I had a 486DX 2/66 which was top of the line then so you can figure how 900mhz was a shocker... And that was 900 sustained... for i think it was 15mins... before meltdown... or should i say the Vodka was liquid the glass fused with the melted die. I had to use a dremel to cut out the socket out of the mothe board... totally melted.
Nice :D Just imagine if you had that working at 900 MHz without melting. You probably wouldnt have to upgrade again until pentium 4's came out xD :D

Andy_83

Andy_83