Cracking in speakers!?

D

deadpickle

Lately there was cracking in my speakers when I played games. Then the cracking started to happen when I listened to music. Well the first thing I thought of was that my speakers are bad. So to remedy the problem I bought new speakers. At first the cracking was gone and it sounded great. But, now I have noticed a bit of cracking occurring during specific songs. I thought it may be the driver but it is the newest one. Could it be the on-board sound card causing the cracking? My computer is getting old so maybe it is time for a new one. Anyone have any ideas.

edhe62

edhe62

Unfortunately this problem could be caused by a number of things. But, with that in mind, when I've had a problem like this before it's usually come down to the physical connections. Either the cabling, the output jacks themselves, or a physical defect on the board.

D

deadpickle

I have noticed something. When I play music with winamp the cracking occurs when I move the mouse around the winamp interface. Also, it cracks when I navigate webpages when music is playing. I have a wireless microsoft mouse, could that be doing it? I tried unplugging the mouse which lessens the cracking but it is still there slightly. I took the speakers back and got another kind. It worked fine with no cracking but a day later it started again. Anyone have any advice on this matter, I'm ready to throw this computer out of the window.

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

It likely isn't your speakers, but your soundcard. Are you using integrated sound or a dedicated card? Either way, you might look for some newer drivers, as that may fix the issue.

D

deadpickle

its an integrated card and they havent updated the drivers since 2005... New mobo her I come, and given that it is an old board I guess I'm getting a new Computer!!

Associates