Consumer Reports: Just Stick with Windows 7 For Now

Shinma

Shinma

Consumers should avoid Windows 8 for now, Consumer Reports claims.

Ouch.
Consumer Reports is currently telling the spending public that they're better off not upgrading to Windows 8 for now, and to purchase a desktop or laptop with Windows 7 still installed if shopping for a new rig. The group names numerous reasons as to why consumers should avoid the touchy new OS, including a lack of touchscreen-based systems, quirky performance and more...

Full article,
Click HERE

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

I have not test driven Windows 8. But from all the reviews that I read, I am wondering whether it is sort of like Vista-one to skip and wait on the next one. In full disclosure- I have windows 7 64-bit and like it a lot. I am not remotely inclined to change to Windows 8, but then I don't have a touchscreen and run mostly business applications.

Shinma

Shinma

I've tested Win8 and not particularly impressed.

My experience and some others,
Hardware support/compatibility is not as extensive as Windows Vista & Windows 7.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
I finally upgraded an office lappy from 7 to 8 so that we support people could get some experience with it.

I found it to not be as bad as I was expecting it to be. I'll maybe, eventually play around with the tweaking tools to bypass the metro stuff.

Associates