Computer powers on, No beep, No POST, No display. Need help!

B

Bulge

Just installed CPU, mobo and RAM in a new chassis. Specs are: P4 650, ASUS P5GD1 PRO, 4 x 1GB Kingston ValueRAM PC3200. When I switch on the power button, there is no display, no beep but the CPU, VC and chassis fans are all running. Then what happens when I leave the system on is that it powers off by itself. The more I try to power on, the quicker the power off would be. I've tried reseating the CPU and replacing thermal paste, rearranging RAM sticks, replacing the CMOS battery as well as resetting the mobo. Any suggestions?

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Try it with a different psu if you have another. If nothing changes, it's more likely to be the motherboard than the cpu. If you have another video card I'd try that too.

B

Bulge

By the way, I forgot to mention that the cpu/mobo/ram have been in stored in the mobo's box inside the anti-static bag for half a year. But it was working before I kept it. First time I've encountered something like this.

K

Kane17

Hello, Any luck yet?

When you tried single memory module, did you try each memory stick separately? Different slots?

Can you verify if all leads are putting out correct voltage when connected and powered on?
Does PSU get hot quickly or push warm air?

Do any LEDS come on?

Have you tried booting with no drives or minimal peripherals attached?
Tried swapping video cards?

Probably is motherboard or PSU but I'd still check just in case.

azeemkhan

azeemkhan

After reading your complain problems in your Power supply, during the running your wired disconnect then your CPU will not work properly. So go to market and check your power supply hope it will fine. Sometime my CPU have happened same thing after this process it works properly.

Associates