compontent out to HDTV display issues.

J

jowilly

I have a 9600XT with the component video out adaptor hooked to an HDTV. When I place the settings to 720i, the desk top just about fits the screen. I get the 5% overscan like I should. However, when playing games such as Battlefield 1942, the main screen and playscreen are extremely overscanned. I probably see about 60% of the display. I have a widescreen and do have it set for 16:9 in the display properties.

krupted

krupted

im having a similar problem on my regular tv . Problem is, the catalyst software doesnt recognize i have a tv hooked up so i must use force detection in order to to make it work. This causes HUGE overscan as i cannot set a resolution.

What works for me is to set your desktop resolution to the desired level. FOr some reason 1024x768 fits perfect. When you change your desktop resolution, your tv-out changes with it.... at least on my messed up drivers......

O

ol' man

workin fingas to the bone
Originally posted by krupted
im having a similar problem on my regular tv . Problem is, the catalyst software doesnt recognize i have a tv hooked up so i must use force detection in order to to make it work. This causes HUGE overscan as i cannot set a resolution.

What works for me is to set your desktop resolution to the desired level. FOr some reason 1024x768 fits perfect. When you change your desktop resolution, your tv-out changes with it.... at least on my messed up drivers......
It probably is only 1024x768. Just like 15" LCD monitors. Doesn't your HDTV have a VGA/DVI in port? I know one at sears does?