Completely Uninstalling/Removing Adobe Reader

G

ggalv

Hi,

I uninstalled Adobe Reader and tried to uninstalled it through add/remove programs in control panel. The program was removed.

Right now I am trying to re-install adobe reader, but when I try to install it there is a message that a newer version is already installed. But adobe reader is not shown on my programs. I have gone through this several times.

Is there a way to completely uninstall/remove adobe reader from my computer?

Thanks

G

ggalv

Yes, I rebooted after the uninstalled. I also tried the adobe cleaner tool and still no luck.

Being doing some research and they say that I need to update "Universal C Runtime in Windows". Do you guys know where I can get this update? I have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64-bit Operating System.

Also, I did a windows update on my computer, and there are about 40 optional updates. Do you guys typically install the optional updates?

Thanks

Technoplume

Technoplume

I use my PC with about 90 Optional update in the query, and it work fine for 4 month, If you got in the Update setting and change a few box, they become normal updates.

The Optional updates are patch that your PC does not really need, has it not using the software. But if you feel it leaves holes in your PC, sur install them. It's not going to damage the OS.

For the C++, try this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

B

brindhujay

Hi,

I uninstalled Adobe Reader and tried to uninstalled it through add/remove programs in control panel. The program was removed.

Right now I am trying to re-install adobe reader, but when I try to install it there is a message that a newer version is already installed. But adobe reader is not shown on my programs. I have gone through this several times.

Is there a way to completely uninstall/remove adobe reader from my computer?

Thanks
Yea... I am also facing the same problem. As a student who is going for big data training in a center adobe reader is important but this problem is made me to remove it. Please give me some suggestions on this

G

ggalv

I installed the "2019-01 Preview of of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4480955)" within windows updates from my computer, which included the "Universal CRT" and this allowed me to install Adobe Reader.

FloreneTAdams

FloreneTAdams

i used CCleaner, it's versaltile, can detech trash and help you to clean your pc. and it can also uninstall app. and i think it work faster than most of other cleaning app out there

Technoplume

Technoplume

True running CCleaner in between reinstallation might delete so left over registry entry, Or files that prevent a perfect installation.

Side note I notice last week end that ccleaner64.exe started by itself and did'nt stop. Also started many copies in the back ground. A deep search of the computer only reveal the file in the ccleaner folder. Might have been an infection but I decided to switch to Puran Utilities.
I lost my trust in ccleaner.

C

cliffsthern78

True running CCleaner in between reinstallation might delete so left over registry entry, Or files that prevent a perfect installation.

Side note I notice last week end that ccleaner64.exe started by itself and did'nt stop. Also started many copies in the back ground. A deep search of the computer only reveal the file in the ccleaner folder. Might have been an infection but I decided to switch to Puran Utilities.
I lost my trust in ccleaner.
Wait, what? This is a revelation, I've been putting my 100% trust in CCleaner for YEARS.

Technoplume

Technoplume

I read some sarcasm in there, not sure. But if you search some news lines in the 2019, you should find that CCleaner Server where hack and infected. Yes they found out quick and fix the trouble. However a bunch of ppl got there PC infected. Also the fact that they always direct you to 3rd party download for the free version. You have to take some extra step to get it fromm the real source. I guess CCleaner is finaly at that stage where it's popularity makes it a target. Time for something new and less popular.

Associates