Compaq Evo DSDT NIC Drivers

masterp2269

masterp2269

I have a Compaq Evo desktop computer with Windows 2000. On board built in NIC, says Foxconn on it as well. In system information, the computer is described as Compaq, model: DSDT. I have been to the Compaq website and searched through drivers, but there is no actual Evo model listed as a DSDT. Any ideas?

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
There must be a label on the machine somewhere, most likely the rear, with a part # on it.
If you can't find that, use the name and number on the NIC chip itself and google it with the word driver. That will probably lead to Driverguide, but there will be a driver there after you jump through a few hoops.

masterp2269

masterp2269

I will look again for part numbers and such, but there is no NIC chip really as it is just set on the main motherboard. The only thing I can find is the Foxconn on the aluminum housing around the ethernet port itself. Thanks for looking into it!

Shinma

Shinma

masterp2269 said:
... The only thing I can find is the Foxconn on the aluminum housing around the ethernet port itself...
Just like your other thread, that is irrelevant.
Similar comments apply.

Locate model of the system to narrow down search.

masterp2269

masterp2269

I'm trying to locate the model of the system, that is the hard part. Compaq doesn't recognize what it SAYS it is....

masterp2269

masterp2269

I downloaded Everest and burned to a CD and ran it on the Win2000 box. Looks like a great program, but it provided no information on the NIC. In fact, it didn't even list one as being present. It showed a Linksys wireless USB adapter I tried installing, but that was it. I have since decided to just put new NIC's in these boxes as I have 3 of them. Thanks alot for the help!

ahs89

ahs89

If possible open side cover of your computer after that see what is written around metal chip of your computer after that search that number over google and you will find leads to your desired driver.

Associates