Choosing a Tv Tuner card

Headst1r

Headst1r

glussier

glussier

I don't know where you got a comparative tv, but even if the second card is a powercolor card, it's still and ATI card. I'd probably go with the cheapest of the 2.

Headst1r

Headst1r

One has HDTV support. My currrent video card says it has HDTV out or something...what is the difference?

T

thecrow785

I'm also trying to buy a TV card, can anyone tell me if the 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 Media Centre Edition TV Tuner' card has the built in Freeview TV channels? I've looked all over and nothing actually says 'Freeview' on it, just it has 125 channels

pcpal

pcpal

I'm also looking to get one next month. From what I was told it's all in the software. The better the software the better the picture and so on.

Headst1r

Headst1r

From what I read, all tv cards will show 800 x 640 resolution, the same as your tv. Unless you get the one where you can pick up the high def signal. I have the IO digital cable , so I wanted to hook my cable box up to the comp so I can see all the high def channels.

I think the hauppauge is the best one from what I read.

Flash

Flash

I got a " Leadtek TV2000XP/EXPERT" a couple of years ago and love it.
Great pic qualty (full screen or a scalable window), a wireless full featured remote, FM radio, time shifting, PIP, and other features.

It's the best $50 (now only $45) I ever spent on a computer and it has been working flawlessly since I got it! :)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122180

BTW I have discovered that even regurlar TV looks better on a computer monitor due to better "dot pitch".
I got a HD TV and to be honest with you, the pic qualty on my Leadtek TV2000XP/EXPERT is quite adaquate for what I use it for.

Last edited:
krupted

krupted

mostly in software. the hauppauge 150/500mce is a good model because of compatibility. the ati theater 550p probably does have the best picture because of all the hardware filtering, but its hardly any better then the hauppauges.

i hear the leadteks can be good too.

Headst1r

Headst1r

I just ordered the leadtek based on yours and the other reviews :) I'll get back to you when I have it running :)

Associates