CDROM Keeps on Ejecting!!!

L

lonestar76

I NEED HELP!!! I've been helping my girlfriend to setup her computer, i'd never seen such troublesome computer before!!! She has soundcard problems previously (you might find it in the "Soundcard" forum).

Now, guess what.... When I insert any CDs into her CDROM, it will eject automatically after attepmting to read the disc. I even tried it when I boot my computer (without entering Win98), the result is the same. :frown:

WTF??!!! i am so fed up with her computer until I wanted to smash it!!!

Why does this happen? She is using a Creative 52x InfraRed CDROM. I thought Creative manufactures good quality products, but this is a really bad experience as her soundcard is Creative Soundblaster Live!.

Back to the question, how do i fix the CDROM? Do I need to send it for warranty replacement?

------------------
People who live in the past rob the future.

[This message has been edited by lonestar76 (edited 11-27-2000).]

K

KAsports

Techy Member
i had the same problem with my bros PC
it was a i-stor CD-rom, some unknown makes i guess, same problem and need help too.
SB sound card too!

D

Darkterritory3

Maybe it`s just a mechanical problem?

------------------
Before we let you leave your commander must cross that field, present himself before this army, put his head between his legs and kiss his own arse.

grover

grover

Ex pert
Here's an easy test for mechanical problems: unplug the CD-ROM from the IDE cable, but leave it powered up and try inserting a disk. If it's auto-ejecting now, it's a bad drive. If it has CD controls on it, try listening to an audio CD through the headphone jack.

g'luck!

------------------
Asus A7V
Duron [email protected]@1.80V

S

sudboy

Guy guys,
I had this very same problem on my compaq cd drive. went to the store and told them. Its a ribbon problem. The cd rom is driven by ribbons inside and thats what is responsible for the mechanical motion.

Have your cd rom drive checked for ribbon failure.

Sudboy

Intel_Peep

Intel_Peep

LOL! These things always throw me off! I always fail to look at the dates of the replies! :D

S

sudboy

Problem solved

Well i had two faults rectified on my cd drive. The drive cables that are responsible for the sliding action of the drive were faulty and the lens had gone for a toss. On replacing both of these the cd drive is workin yay!!!!

K62

K62

Sailor
You replaced the lense on the CDROM drive? With the drives being so cheap now a days, is it worth it ?

S

sudboy

I beleive in recycling

Hey,
Well i had lens from a previous drive removed. Got it checked and found out its working fine though that drive had been all smashed in (dont ask me how..long story) .. so i played the good doctor and transplanted it on my current drive. The ribbons..i got them free.... so it was a breeze.

Besides whats a guy to do if his gf decides to take a long "break".... hahahaha.. take care dude

Associates