CD Writer overclocking-read plz

P

pradhan_aditya

check out this article
http://www.cdrinfo.com/tips/hp_oc.shtml

plz be careful,i don't advocate this oc bcoz i haven't tried it on my hp cd writer

anyways i own a hp 8250i plus writer and the recording tab doesn't appear under the properties tab in winxp
i use nero and while starting up it hangs
i used hp's software and i got 2 coasters
:confused: :confused:

R

redsolar

Why bother? Good burners are cheaper than that. And hp is no good as to burners anyways ... :)

Berserker

Berserker

HP offers good burners but the high price of he HP has made the smaller players to enjoy more profits than HP.. that's great considering HP is not the leading brand in burner...

Ramr

Ramr

Mighty Ignored
Well I got a 36X TDK and use Nero and I ain't burned a coaster yet. I had a hp before and never liked it or the software. This TDK is great.

Flyer22

Flyer22

Portuguese Minidisc Freak
tdk are expensive for the tech, generally old, they apply on their burners!

K

kowalski x

Originally posted by SexyMF
So what do you consider the leading brand in CD writers?
plextor, although i actually run a yamaha scsi myself which has given me zero hassle...

Berserker

Berserker

I would opt for either LiteON or LG for the budget wise and Plextor or the Yamaha for the high end CDRW drives...

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
Originally posted by SexyMF
So what do you consider the leading brand in CD writers?
That would be Lite-On. They mfg the drives and then sell them to be rebranded by Pacific Digital, Universal Buslink, TDK (yes you proud TDK owners have probably spent a lot more just to get a Lite On drive), and Memorex- not to mention their own brand name.

D

dfgsd

actually these days it seems almost every drive is pretty damn good...at least compared to the early days of cd-r.....

but really i never consistantly hear about on paticalr brand of cd-rs havin tooo many problems.

Associates