car polish question

resStealth

resStealth

Diamond Member
hey guys, i just bought some turtle wax 2001 car polish. question is, will it work the same, better, or worse then wax? my dad says they are about the same.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Seems like I just read a thread about this very subject:confused:

I'm going to guess that this "polish" is a lite wax version. It goes on/off much easier but doesn't do as good a job either. (have to do it more times a year)

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
The whole car wax/polish situation is complicated and confusing. But a polish should contain a bit of mild abrasive which helps to remove the top layer of deposits and faded paint. A wax ought to be just that, without any abrasive. Emphasis on "should" and "ought".

krupted

krupted

i think dance has it down. I would like to add, they also have paint sealant - like that orange bottle Nu Finish. Its not wax, but more like a buff-on clear coat. It can look almost as shiny as wax and last a year easy. I like it, ive used it once but i stopped because i screwed up all of my back vynil trim- that stuff is brutal on vinyl. I ended up repainting all of the trim. I guess though, wax doesnt do vynil any help either- though its removal is pretty easy. That NuFinish stains black vinyl white, premanently as far as i saw it.

But that was awhile ago, and the other day i bought another bottle- this time im gonna be real careful about trim, even though i say that everytime

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
Yeah that Nu Finish is alright. I'd tried a few and it was easily the most effective and easy to use (seeing as you didn't have to find a piece of shade to do it in).

It seemed almost cheaty :p