Can't connect to internet -need help

Pa902

Pa902

I have three computers all running win xp. They are all connected to a wired linksys router. Two of the computers work perfectly but one won't connect. It can't find an IP address. When I ipconfig the ip address is all 0's. I try to renew it and it can't -is says something like it can't connect to the rcs server -something like that. I check the light on th nick card and it is solid lit -it's not blinking. I tried the computer in different ports on the router and in different rooms with the network port. I figure it's the nic card. I buy a new nic card and install it and it says in ddevice manager tha it's working properly but when I check the light again its solid and not blinking. When I ipconfig it shows the mac address for the nic so it sees it's there but the ip is still all 0's. I have checked all settings -dhcp enabled. I did want to try reinstalling tcp ip but it's grayed out in the netwirk properties box. I pinged 127.0.0.1 and it pinged successfully so that means that my tcp is working properly right? Well I'm totally stumped so I bought another nic to try. If that doesn't work all I can think of is reinstalling windows. Now this is my brothers daughters computer and she downloads tons of crap including screensavers. Is it possible that a virus or something could be restricting with her internet connection? Thanks for the help

Associates