Can you get a 50ft S-VID cable or are there standards that prevent this?

V

Valdin

I have a CL PC-DVD Encore 5X drive and want to connect it to my TV. The problem is that my TV is very far away from my computer. Can you buy a 50ft or so S-VID cable anywhere? (I think it's an S-VID cable.) Would I need to go to a custom cable place to get one? If so, where can I find one of those? If not, are there some sort of length rules for this type of cable like in Ethernet? A Radio Shack guy once said that RCA cables had a 15ft limit. I think he's full of it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

R

Rapt

from what I understand signal degradation limits s-vhs cable length to around 15 feet. You can purchase cable in bulk and the ends to make your own at Radio Shack if you want. (I have) I will say one thing, you will see it in the quality. I have tried cables of various length and adapters (needed to attach to that damn short ass cable Created supplies with card) with the same result. This sucks. I have to place my 'puter right beside the tv. Oh and then I get crappy signal to my monitor with the cable extensions needed to go the "other" way. (remote keyboard and mouse is cool thou
)

Little issues like this need to be resolved if convergence is going to progress.