Can we have a new Forum?......Consumer Affairs...???

G

GREGORY

BrianH...

Once again we find ourselves talking about a need for a way for us members to discuss internet retailers and exchange experiences.

Something like a combo reseller ratings\Pricewatch\Better Business Bureau for the members.

Is it possible for us to have a new forum to try this out on?
We don't intend for this to be a flame forum in any way and would gaurd against that stringently.
We thought two mods would be best and since we found out the hard way on the OT forum that an un-moderated forum for even a short time is a bad idea....mojo has volunteered to take on those duties while we elect another mod.

Could you run this idea by the decision makers and see what they think?

Welcome to the Forums.

Thanks

M

mojo2000

"Once again we find ourselves talking about a need for a way for us members to discuss internet retailers and exchange experiences.

Something like a combo reseller ratings\Pricewatch\Better Business Bureau for the members.

Is it possible for us to have a new forum to try this out on?"

GREGORY I mean't for seperate forums on UK + US because of the difficultys in shipping, costs.. etc

plus the other ideas would be great...

JUST WANTED TO MAKE THAT CLEAR AS WE HAVE A FAIR AMOUNT OF UKER'S IN THE FORUM AND ITS ONLY RIGHT TO TAKE US INTO CONSIDERATION...

Thanks
Steven

G

GREGORY

Mojo...

I understand your goals and I think we stand the best chance by starting out with one forum and developing that and see where it leads......possibly to a separate UK forum if it is popular enough and the forum goes well.

We need to get a foot in the door and get a place to talk about consumerism and build it from there.

Good Luck

M

mojo2000

OK fully understand...

(are we the only ones here its awfuly quite...)

echo..

thanks
steven

------------------
A member of the C.A.S.H.F.L.O.W. P.R.O.B.L.E.M.
organisation

B

BrianH

Is the intention to comment/exchange info on products? companies? How would this be different from other areas like, e.g., Soundcards?

G

GREGORY

Thanks for replying BrianH...

The intent is to discuss Internet retailers and our experiences with them.

There are a lot of good and bad companies out there and it would be a place to help the members decide which companies have the best record and should get our business and which retailers are just out to make a buck at the expense of the innocent buyers.

We could discuss shipping charges...RMA's....who ships where etc.

Over in CPU's SkUrbol says he got a remarked chip.....we need to make sure nobody else does.

It wouldn't be a place to rate PRODUCTS....that's what the other forums do.
We have no place to rate business's that sell those products.
It could also serve as a place to pass on good deals that someone may run across.

There is considerable support for a Consumer Affairs Forum at HWC.....it would be nice if we could have that.

Thanks again BrianH

M

mojo2000

We can also sort out some form of customer loyalty with an online company for the forum as a whole.....DISCOUNT

we need two seperate forums UK SALES AND US SALES...

A place to tally up decent resellers online..
(WITH A FEW COMMENTS)

AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE SET UP SO THAT PEOPLE CAN SAY WHO ARE GOOD AND BAD TRADERS HOWEVER THIS NEEDS TO BE HEAVILY MONITORED AND WE NEED TO KNOW THE DETAILS AND REASONS BEHIND THE ARGUEMENT...(MOST IMPORTANT)

(off to work I go sob sob)

THANKS
STEVEN

------------------
organisation

B

BrianH

Are you familiar with http://www.resellerratings.com/ ? Most of the resellers are computer dealers (What a surprise on the Web, eh?) Not that duplication is a bad thing, and I suppose there is no such thing as too much info about those who want to separate us from our money...

M

mojo2000

Thats the sort of thing i was thinking of...

if everyone submited there good/bad experiences to the forum...

then (the mods) can contact the company and clarify what went on (to make sure that someone didn't just get out of the wrong side of the bed and fancied a moan..)

we could make up a weekly list of the top 10 traders?

------------------
organisation

G

GREGORY

BrianH...

Yes....we're very familiar with resellerratings as well as Pricewatch etc and see the new forum as a combination of the best traits of those sites on a more personal and real-time basis.

We could post and maybe have an answer within minutes by someone we know and trust to be telling us the truth.

also by possibly grouping together as a "buyers club" type thing we may be able to gain discounts or free shipping or maybe just a little better service from some of these companies.
It would be worth a try anyway.

Thanks

edited to say that I didn't see the company that sold the remarked chip to SkrUbol listed at resellers....and ...Jough read the post and was going to order one of the same chips so he was helped by that info from SkrUbol.

[This message has been edited by GREGORY (edited 05-27-2000).]

B

BrianH

OK; well, I've begun exploring what would be involved; no promises except that I'll do my best and keep you posted. This may take a bit of time, so check back every few days.

M

mojo2000

Thanks for the support brian...

We appreciate it

Thanks again

steven

------------------
organisation

G

GREGORY

here's a review...

I ordered some parts from

www.kdcomputers.com

They shipped the same day...

When I got the package...it was one cpu fan short.

I called and talked to a very polite lady...sorry didn't catch the name...who had actually packed the shipment.

Sorry...must have been an oversight....will ship it right away....Priority Mail.

So far this company is right up front and I'll let you know when I get the fan.

G

GREGORY

Got the fan today Priority Mail just like the lady said.

Good company....I would recommend you buy from this company.

Let's get the new Forum going!

M

mojo2000

And another
www.dabs.com

I've been using them for years only because they are reasonably priced..as for the rest take everything they say with a pinch of salt...

I have many a time asked when i would be receiving the parts and took a day off to wait in for the parcel and waited and waited...only to ring them back after a week of waiting and find that the product is out of stock and that they are getting it in in a days time then a week l8er...you know the rest

if your not in a rush order from these...at least their fairly cheap

dabs scores ***

*=very poor
**=maybe/ok
***=fairly decent would order again..
****=the burd on the phone was hot and they are very efficient..(great)
*****= they gave me the stuff free in fact they paid me!!wow (excellent)

------------------
NT4 newbie http://www.geocities.com/mojo_y2000/index.htm

U

urbantech

Administrators? C'mon we neeeeeeeeeeed this fourm!

------------------
ISOs Rules!!

ICQ 13799279

Associates