Built-in sound card does not work till I restart a PC

Z

zillah

Mother board that I have got GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2L

http://www.gigabyte.com/fileupload/product/2/2669/819.jpg

I am using windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Sound card is built-in.

I have got very strange problem when I try to switch between cable that switch to LCD monitor and headset , sound does not work unless I have to restart PC.

I tried to uninstall the drive for the sound card and install it gain but still that did not fix the problem.

I have got this :
http://i37.tinypic.com/2ebswgl.png

What troubleshooting should I consider to find where the problem

Thanks

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

By LCD monitor I assume you mean the built-in speakers on your monitor ?

Sounds like a weird jack sensing issue to me, as it does not seem to detect the speakers back when you plug them in again.

Do you have a front headphone jack on your computer case ? If yes, is it hooked to your motherboard ? It would be better than plugging/unplugging from behind the case, and most onboard solutions allow for muting the rear outputs when headphones are plugged in the front. Otherwise, there might be an headphone jack on your monitor but it might be a pain to access.

As you have tried the latest drivers you could try updating the BIOS as a last resort. Gigabyte's BIOS page for your board has a vague "Support new onboard codec code" mention that could be related. Small disclaimer : flashing the BIOS can be risky if you have never done it before, so proceed with caution or avoid doing it if you're not confident about it ;)

Z

zillah

Hi equinoxe3d

By LCD monitor I assume you mean the built-in speakers on your monitor ?
Yes.

Do you have a front headphone jack on your computer case ?
Unfortunately no I do not have that. The case that I am using is an old case.

As you have tried the latest drivers you could try updating the BIOS as a last resort. Gigabyte's BIOS page for your board has a vague "Support new onboard codec code" mention that could be related. Small disclaimer : flashing the BIOS can be risky if you have never done it before, so proceed with caution or avoid doing it if you're not confident about it
I did upgrade the BOIS when I had XP installed but now I have got windows 7 64-bit and that version of BOIS does not run on 64-bit and I could not find 32-bit version

Associates