Boot Problem with Acer D270-1375

The*Q*

The*Q*

Been Around A While!
Thinking of buying this because I can get it for about 40 bux. But here is what the guy says::

" it powers up and says hard disk security sato port 0 toshiba mk3259GSXP Lock and all i have with this is power cord & some papers my sister gave me when it first comes on it says press f2 to go to setup than the hard disk security comes up?
If you dont hit f2 fast enough hard disk security comes up if you hit f2 fast it comes up enter password. My siser says it started when she forgot her password."

This is a Win7 machine. My question is: Can this be because she entered he wrong password too many times? Would that cause something called a hard disk security that he mentions and would this be easily fixed by formatting and reinstalling OS?

glussier

glussier

If there is a password lock on the Toshiba hard drive, the owner has to call Acer a prove that they are the laptop owner, and Acer might be able to tell the owner how to unlock the hard drive.

The other solution to this problem, would be to install another hard drive. If you choose that route, make sure to reset the bios, before attempting to bood the laptop, as, otherwise you might get trapped into the boot password problem again.

Last edited:
The*Q*

The*Q*

Been Around A While!
Crap! That won't happen. This dude's sister in 3000 miles away and HE has the lappy. He just wants to sell it now cuz he can't use it and I thought if it was a windows password thing I could do it myself. I wasn't away about any hard drive password. Never heard of such a thing. Thanx much!

glussier

glussier

If it was a bios password, it would be real easy to fix that, but the hard-drive password renders the drive, pretty much useless, unless the oem wants to help you. It to get this help, you need proof of ownership.

Associates