Best Video for my new Thunderbird system?

J

Jason98TA

I found a Slot A Thunderbird, so now I'm ready to find a good video card. Can anyone recommend a good quality video card that would work well with my Thunderbird. I heard someone say Geforce Chipsets aren't working well with the Thunderbird. Is this correct? I will be running the K7M motherboard with 310mb Memory.

Right now my options are go cheap & buy a overclocked 3500 for about $120 or buy a Geforce I or II with the 32mb of memory. I'm willing to spend as little as the $120 or as much as $250

Thanks!

------------------
Jason
1998 Trans Am
398rwhp 374lbft

Athlon [email protected]
128MB 9.1GB.....

O

OmiCRon777

well, im pretty sure that most athlon systems run much more stable with a v5 than with a geforce, but thats just reading what other people on this site have said. your best bet is just to do some hardcore research at all the major hardware sites. it just takes time and a lot of reading. start with www.firingsquad.com they did a thunderbird preview, along with www.sharkyextreme.com to.

J

Jason98TA

Do you think the 3500 would be enough video, or do you think the extra cost is worth it?

Jason

J

Jason98TA

The video card I have now came in my NEC machine. It says NVIDA 16MB on it but thats about all I know.

Associates