Best PCI video card?

J

JDax

Is there a decent PCI video card that is available with *current* technology. If you can I would like to know the best PCI video card available at present and if its worth the money payed for it. All responses appreciated!

Dax

J

jderosa3

I personally feel that one of the better videocards out there for the money is a PCI video card with a Banshee chip and 16MB of RAM, which you can probably pick up for around 80$.

I have one from creative labs which has benn working fine for 2 years now. I am very pleased with it.

S

SPARCXXX

I think the Voodoo 1000 is a PCI card, although it may be a knock off of the Diamond Monster add-on acclerator type.

Worth a look though.

------------------
A.M.D.? Assassinating Microsoft Diligently

J

JDax

I have the same card in my old omputer and get major texture dithering and alaising in Half-Life. I was thinking something a little more recent. Its a farely fast computer I am getting used that i want to put it in. The problem is the person got ripped off with integrated video and sound. Please more imput!

C

coolguy867

a voodoo 3 2000 would probably be the best. you can overclock to voodoo3 3000 speeds if you wanna save 20 bucks and no tv out stuff or osmehting like that. you can find a voodoo3 2000 for around 70 dollars and it's really worth it. however, the voodoo3 chip is aging technology and if 3dfx comes out with a pci voodoo4 or 5 chip, it would be the best. (but pretty expensive)

------------------
MaH SyStEm:
PIII 450, 128 RAM, i740 (the i740 was last year's best midrange 2d card, so ha!) voodoo2 sli, 4.8X toshiba DVD, 4x4x20 cd-rw

A

AMD 300 + ABIT TX 5

jdax as far as i know you cant run v3 in sli, i think i read that the v4/5 will do that but for the moment get a v3 2000 pci overclock it and itll do just fine.

------------------
K6-3 400 2,4v Epox mvp3c2 128 megs v3 2000 pci @ 170 mhz Quantum 4,3g Soundblaster Live 1024

M

morphious

dont get 3dfx card (voodoo or banshie) first of all they suck and the voodoo 4 and 5 are only faster versions of the voodoo3 with little or no graffic improvement waite a couple of mounths and get a NV11 or a NV15 from nevidia these cards are 50% faster than the geforce with 50% better graffics and takes up only half the heat i know the NV11 will have a pci version and i'm not ssure about the NV15 but anyway go for a NV11 if your patient and you got the money

Associates