BEST AUTO RACING SIM?

M

Monkeydog

While we are listing best of genre....which
racing sim do you people consider top shelf.
I myself still love Grand Prix Legends.

1fast6

1fast6

Any of the Papyrus Nascar Series. They rock. Currently enjoying Nascar 1999, but anxiously awaiting Nascar 4.

------------------
Be quick. Be fast.

P

panzer93

grand theft auto 2 :p hehe neat little game not a very accurate driving sim, but sure as hell fun to play.. and pretty inexpensive too download the demo first or sumething see if ya like it. its one of those games that you either really like or totally hate, in my opinion.. apparently im of the first kind

C

Celeron1000GHz

The best racing sims are Sports Car GT and Grand Prix Legends and World Sports Cars ( to be released end of this year starting of next year ) go to speedsims.com to find out more Sports Car GT has about 300-400 cars released u can addon to the game and about 6+ track to add to it the realism is fantastic and the graphics are great!

------------------
Abit BP6, Dual 3[email protected], 128MB RAM, 13.6GB WD 7200RPM ATA/66, Voodoo3 3000AGP OCed to 183Mhz

Inventor of the PMP, Phunk Master Phreezer.

J

jdover

Sports Car GT and NASCAR 3

------------------
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out! =)

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed is awfully purty on my geforce 2 with all the eye-candy on!

C

Celeron1000GHz

All the NFS suck big ass! totally unrealistic and i hate the graphics the best games like i said before are Sports Car GT and Grand Prix Legends and soon to be released WSC!

------------------
Abit BP6, Dual [email protected], 128MB RAM, 13.6GB WD 7200RPM ATA/66, Voodoo3 3000AGP OCed to 183Mhz

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Actually NFS:pU is the most realistic NFS game imo; no 'arcade' mode or anything. You've listed some good choices as well Celeron1000GHz. Anybody looking forward to Midtown Madness 2? Can't wait to hop in the semi to trash my old office building.

[This message has been edited by Huge (edited 08-22-2000).]

C

Celeron1000GHz

Hey

NFS:pU is the most realistic NFS game but def not the most realistic sim ever it is ok but i don;t like it that much i am a simulation guy and i only want realism if u want arcade try Test Drive LeMans and all the other test drives horrible!

------------------
Abit BP6, Dual [email protected], 128MB RAM, 13.6GB WD 7200RPM ATA/66, Voodoo3 3000AGP OCed to 183Mhz

P

Proceed

Huge= I don't know if you have ever been in a Porsche (I can't say I dunno)but I have been is a number of Porsches in the PCA (porsche club of america) and they don't drive like that. the game is way off.. Yes the graphics are gorgeous. I love that but the realism is off. and the PSX version is worse.

NFS all sucked but they had good graphics.

World Sports car and Sports car GT best ever most realistic

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Lucky...I was only in a Porsche once, 25+ years ago. Can't say I remember how it handled.

rangeral

rangeral

Our Friend
from what i've seen of nascar heats demo it looks awesome the cars are beautiful to look at. probably you simians might not like it but even my nascar friend who makes ai likes it alot although cars don't get pushed off the track like they should but tv view is spectacular and so are the crashes.

for you ai enthusiasts here's the link
http://members.aol.com/jjnascar/

i once took a ride with a friend in the 70's in his 911 got into a race with a 442 olds and could not get past him, he hit a high rising manhole got off the ground came down and rained sparks on us rite behind his ass with the T tops off at 110mph man we were jumping in our seats, he had to pull over but was alright.ouch!

Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams

WSC looks like it could be really, really good ! There is a video out of it and it even has realistic suspension modelling. I am looking forward to that one !

I also like the Need for Speed series quite a bit but it is far from a simulation. The latest one, NFS-PU, is much closer to a sim than its predecessors though. FWIW, I like NFS so much that I help run a website (with a message board) devoted to it.

K

kwebb68

The entire Nascar series form Papy. Currently N3.

rangeral- constructive rebuttal. Heat is very pretty, but this thread is about sims and the demo I played, even on exprert, is still an arcade game. No threat to the Papyrus series.