atx case/motherboard probs.

A

at2ecw

i have a pentium motherboard and a atx style mini tower case.i cannot connect up the wire from the power switch on the case to the motherboard, i cannot find one in the diagram. i have the atx power hooked up to the board,. the power will not turn off . i have to turn off switch from the back of the case, anyone can help me, please email me at: [email protected] thanx!

A

Asskicker007

You need to have an ATX motherboard.
It supports the new power managment interface that the power supply is looking for.

P

PeterDaniels

More of a ? to ashkicka007 than the original thread: I'm trying to find a case that will support both a baby AT and an ATX board. Any idears?

A

Asskicker007

Good luck.

to my knowledge there is no such thing.
They are two seperate formats for cases.
ie. ATX cases are about 2 inches wider than AT cases. Actually, now that i think about it. The main problem, besides the build of the case is the power supply.
Correction, there is NO SUCH CASE!!!
Sorry.

A

Asskicker007

Good luck.

to my knowledge there is no such thing.
They are two seperate formats for cases.
ie. ATX cases are about 2 inches wider than AT cases. Actually, now that i think about it. The main problem, besides the build of the case is the power supply.
Correction, there is NO SUCH CASE!!!
Sorry.

P

PeterDaniels

If I was motivated, I would design one. How hard can it be to have a case big enuff for the atx, have mounting holes for both, and an interchangeable or transformable power supply?

While I'm at it, I want to be able to open the case and replace anything without having to dissect the whole thing.

-grumpy

Associates