ATi Radeon 1950XTX Reviews

MuFu

MuFu

X1950XTX is based on a new GPU, R580+, which is effectively an R580 that has been tweaked for operation with GDDR4. Memory speed is 2GHz!

Performance gains are modest but the price is killer and the revised cooler looks to be one of the best you can buy on any card. Price-wise, the new 1900XT 256MB ($279!), X1650 Pro ($99) and X1300XT ($89) are also very attractive.

MuFu

MuFu

This is an interesting quote, from the Tech Report article:

Meanwhile, with the 256MB version of the Radeon X1900 XT, ATI has captured our full attention. The X1900 XT 256MB clearly has the GeForce 7900 GT running at Nvidia's stock speeds beaten on performance. We've seen the now almost-ubiquitous "overclocked in the box" versions of the GeForce 7900 GT deliver somewhat better performance, but they're not likely to make up the gap entirely.
The 7900GT has been a very easy choice for many people in the $250-$300 range up until now.

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
MuFu said:
The 7900GT has been a very easy choice for many people in the $250-$300 range up until now.
And it still is for Intel fanboys, now that a buy from ATi is a buy from AMD. :rolleyes:

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Looks like the 1950XTX consumes less than the 1900XTX, even though it has some faster memory clocks. It still can't edge out the GX2 in performance, but at least it consumes less energy finally. The only catch I see? nVidia can employ the same GDRR4 and likely even increase GPU clock speeds to edge out ATI again. I guess the real question is if there are enough model numbers left to do that before the next GPU update. lol!

N

nelsoncp21

not what i was expecting from ATI. I thought a flagship dual gpu card was to follow after NVIDIA's but i guess i was wrong.

Associates