Asus GTX 460 1gig or Asus 5850 Top DirectCU

Dragonlead

Dragonlead

Hi: which one do you think Guys is best

1) ASUS Radeon HD 5850 DirectCU TOP 765MHZ 1GB GDDR5 4.5GHZ DVI HDMI Display Port DX11 PCI-E Video Card (EAH5850 DIRECTCU TOP/2DIS)

2)Asus GeForce GTX460 700Mhz , 1gig Fermi ENGTX460 DIRECTCU

TOP/2D/1G 1G DDR5 PCI-E 2.0 x16 Copper Core 2xDVI-I 1xMini-HDMI HDCP SLI Rdy Video Card #17759

TIA.

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
The Radeon HD 5850 is generally regarded as the quicker card, but it's a small margin and it's a bit more expensive for it. Regardless of which one you end up with, you wouldn't have made the wrong choice as they're somewhat comparable.

Interestingly, the Radeon does tend to run a bit cooler and consume a little less power.

Dragonlead

Dragonlead

The Radeon HD 5850 is generally regarded as the quicker card, but it's a small margin and it's a bit more expensive for it. Regardless of which one you end up with, you wouldn't have made the wrong choice as they're somewhat comparable.

Interestingly, the Radeon does tend to run a bit cooler and consume a little less power.

Hi,
Well I was looking to buy an XFX 5850 Black Edition reference design Unfortunately it's discontinued

XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1GB Graphics Card Video Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3_nvH7-7Lk

Anyhow, In regard to ASUS EAH 5850 TOP DirectCu 1024 MB, The Instruction Included with this video card is completely wrong YOU NEED BOTH THE SIX AND EIGHT PIN POWER CABLES TO MAKE THIS CARD WORK!!!

THAT IS WHY YOU GOT THE HIGH PITCHED WHINE WHEN ONLY ONE CABLE WAS USED.....
Other Thoughts: I wonder how many of these were returned defective because of

the power cable issue not being clear in the instructions

cheers.

Associates