Arghh HELP I'm going nuts!! Burning Problem!

James_1927

James_1927

Arghh HELP I'm going nuts!! Burning Problem!

Hi guys!

Got a quick question regarding my Sony DVD Burner, but its really urgent, I've got family waiting on these discs!!

I was burning DVD data discs yesterday 100% fine, was checking contents, and it was all there.

Now today, I'm doing exactly the same thing, same method everything, just different DVD Discs. I was using Memorex, now i'm using Philips.

When I burn the DVD at 4x there are no warnings in Nero, and I even verify the written data, but once i reinsert the disc into the drive, the XP autoplay tells me it's a blank disc, even though when I turn the disc over, I can see the data has been physically burnt. And in explorer, there is nothing there!!

I don't think it's the discs, as I tried some Ritek discs as well, exact same problem, (Ritek always worked before on my drive) I even tried to burn some photo's instead of the video's I was trying to burn, but it didn't recognise them either!?

So my question is do I need a new DVD drive or is it something simple i'm overlooking?!

Thanks for your time as always!!

James

P.S. Just tried Mirror discs as well, OMG have I fried my burner :(

Last edited:
Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
It could be a minor overburn issue. The first thing I would do in update Nero. If it doesn't burn correctly you could adjust the burn parameters.

File > Preferences > Expert Features >[ ] Enable .....Overburning and set the size.

Do you have any of the media that burned correctly?

Last edited:
Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Also check for firmware updates for the drive. That may address any new media conflicts/compatability.

James_1927

James_1927

I don't have any of the original discs unfortunately, I've already sent them, also I have a DVD-ROM drive as well, but it's only 4x whereas all my DVD-R media is 8x :rolleyes:

But I will try to get some firmware updates for the drive, but its only 6mnths old I think, and I'll try that overburn option in Nero too thanks :)

Does anybody use any other burning program? I also use Alchohol 120% but only for disc images, as I couldn't make it burn photo's etc for my family just to view off the DVD. I like using Nero though its quite simple, but if it's going to cause me problems, I could be convinced to purchase something else!

Cheers guys!!!

U

uart

James, what session information does Nero report about the burnt disc? (Click "Recorder" -> "Disc Info" in Nero Classic and "More", "Disc Info" in Nero Express).

BTW, this is always the first thing to check in cases such as this, I dont' know why nobody ever seems to think to check this.