Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm strictly a PC gamer.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don't want an Xbox 360.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Just thought I'd put it up to a poll. I don't know how many console gamers there are, but I was curious what people are thinking.

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

jankerson said:
If I get another Console it will be a PS3. :)
*agrees*
Ive always loved the playstation. Ive NEVER had hardware problems with my PS2.

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

I fixed a kid's PS2 once. It kept overheating. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that one of the blades of the fan was broken and was keeping the fan from spinning properly. The kid must have stuck a pencil in there or something. :D

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

ThreeOnTheTree said:
I fixed a kid's PS2 once. It kept overheating. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that one of the blades of the fan was broken and was keeping the fan from spinning properly. The kid must have stuck a pencil in there or something. :D
I can see that happening. I figure you replaced the fan...heheheh...it would be fun to make a water cooled PS2. Or Liquid Nitrogen. (Writes water cooled PS2 down as a project for when they are dead and are worth 15 bucks a piece) :)

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

ThreeOnTheTree said:
Interesting so far. No "Yes" votes yet.
Might of helped if there was "Later" on there as a choice :p
Ill nab one once they start "dying" and the price drops big time. But that will be awhile from now.

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
I'm not really interested at the crazy prices. I quite like the ideal of using it as a media box as well as just a games console. I may see what the PS3 is like first too before buying anything.

krupted

krupted

not a huge gamer, and my pc is more then enough to play anything. isnt much need for a 360. or a ps3.

now the nintendo revolution is a whole different story, the ability to play all previous nintendo games? from nes, super nes, 64, all of them? that alone is a reason to buy the new nintendo

Last edited:
ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

ThePerson98 said:
Might of helped if there was "Later" on there as a choice :p
Ill nab one once they start "dying" and the price drops big time. But that will be awhile from now.
That would probably fit under the "I'm still thinking about it" category. I'm waiting for the buzz to settle, as well as the fixing of any stability problems before I jump in. I didn't buy the original Xbox until it was $150, so it could be a while for me! :D

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
consoles have never really interested me. I had a Dreamcast for a few months but got bored of it. I've also never really got on with joypads, and I'm not massively into football or driving games, which are what most of my friends seem to spend their time playing on their XBox's and PS2's.

I also prefer the versatility of a PC - you can play much more complex games with the mouse and keyboard, and I can have an MP3 downloading in the background while I play HL2 in hi-res loveliness :)

sjracer

sjracer

Im still thinking about it. I am primarily a PC gamer. My kids play more consol games than I do. It depends though. If the price comes down, and there is a game I really want, then maybe. My kids recently fried my X-Box though, so depending on wether or not the X-Box 360 plays all the old games. I am really not a consol fan. Mouse and Keyboard are MUCH more flexable!! Plus I am going to build a new system here real soon. I will post specs before I order and solicit inputs.

SJRACER

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

5 to 5 (yes/maybe to no). Keep the votes a-coming! :)

Actually, I read today at an Xbox 360 site that Sony had launched an underground campaign to slam the 360. Supposedly this group has been responsible for much of the bad press regarding stability problems. I know there is much fanboyism in the console world, so it's hard to tell who's up to what, and what you should believe. :p

krupted

krupted

im not too sure on how many bad xbox's there are, yet the only guy i know who stood inline 8 hours to get one on launchday has a dead xbox right now with a ruined perfect dark cd. the system damaged the disc and wont boot up. he did nothing to it, and kept it well ventilated. he was pissed. he is also a ****er for paying a premium price after waiting in line for basically a beta test system

Associates