Are Lite-On burners any good?

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic
As much as I'd like a Plextor 24x, AU$550 is just way too much for a burner. So I'm looking at the Lite-On 24x for AU$310 instead. The performance looks alright from the www.cdrinfo.com review, but has anyone got any comments on their reliability?

------------------
RFC of the month: RFC2235: Hobbes' Internet Timeline

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
I've had my LiteOn 12x10x32x for over 6 months and haven't had any problems. It's nice, reliable and quiet. Go for it.

------------------
Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

M

MitchSchaft

I've had the 16x lite-on for a couple months and haven't had any problems. My first burner, though so i really don't know a lot about them. Lite-ons are supposed to be virtually the same as Plextors.

M

Marko of Oz

Tuttle, maaaate, where the heck are you shopping? Have a look here for under AU$200 you'll get a Lite-On 40x 16x 10x CDR/W.
http://www.cws.net.au/

Cheers

------------------
What primary partition do you want to delete?

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic
Thanks Marko, hadn't seen them before, and they are cheaper than I've seen so far. I need the 24x model though ($250) - the 16x doesn't do regular bit patterns properly. I was hoping to buy locally for warranty return reasons, but since I can't find a local retailer who stocks it and Synnex (the distributor) doesn't seem interested in even talking to me, it might have to be mail order.

------------------
RFC of the month: RFC2235: Hobbes' Internet Timeline

Associates