Anyone know the voltage of each of the power connector wires?

R

RAMmyBUS

The inside ones that attach to the HD and whatnot. There are 4, red, black, black, yellow. Thanx
-ram

B

Big Lar

Red = 5v Yellow = 12v... blacks are grounds.....

------------------
Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

R

RAMmyBUS

Thanx, I had an idea of moving my fan to the 12, right now its on the yellow. But 5 to 12 is probably way too much for tha fan to handle.... eh?
-ram

D

don41

To keep the correct fan rotation try the red from the PS to the fan black and the yellow from the PS to the fan red. If the fan rotation is backward just reverse the wires.

------------------
don

S

Swedishlf

can someone please explain why 12V + 5V = 7V that section kinda baffled me in physics... Thanks

------------------
Bill Gates: Let me put it this way, Mr. Amer. The Windows series is the most reliable computer OS ever made. No Windows computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

BSOD:
I've just picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours...

Bill Gates: It can only be attributable to Human Error...

R

RAMmyBUS

Its all about potential difference, the "voltage" of a resistor (in this case the fan) ( no pun intended
), is really the difference of the voltages on each side (basically). So 12 and 5 yields 7, 5 and 0 (ground?) yields 5, etc. Hope that helps.
-ram

R

Rainbow Six

This is kind of old, but still fitting:

[This message has been edited by warhorse (edited 08-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by warhorse (edited 08-16-2000).]

Associates