Anyone know of a good o/c CD-RW

Q

Quigs

Want to buy CD-RW but don't know if they can handle working w/ on O/C system. does anyone know which one are good or bad. looking to buy HP 8200i

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
That writer should alright with overclocking but what CPU and motherboard are you using? Most later version BX motherboards have a 1/4 PCI divider.

Being the case, your writer should be running at spec.

Q

Quigs

I have SY6BA+IV, PCI is 1/3 & ISA is 1/4 but in BIOS it's 122fsb/37pci and sisoft sandra shows pci running at 41, which is correct then BIOS or sisoft?? don't want to spen the money on a cd-rw if it ain't going to work!!

F

Forge

I have an OEM Ricoh MP7060A that's done great writes on a 36.66666 Mhz PCI bus. I've also seen it do a write on 42 Mhz PCI, but I wouldn't call that average. I'm at 110Mhz FSB and 1/3 PCI. Usually 1/4 PCI starts at 124, go for a few more Mhz....

Dual Celerons [email protected], cache latency 0/1, aircooled! As of tonight, my Alphas got an upgrade. I took a resistor off my Sanyo Denki's and now they run 5000rpm! Beat that, TNProud2B! Hoochcooler my butt! Can't do 600Mhz, like my steeking Alphas!

Had to do that, sorry.

------------------
And the beat goes on...

H

Hardware911

i got a yamaha that runs fine at 150fsb its ide 4x4x16 they got faster ones now...its the 4416e go for scssi they r faster but more money and u need a scssi card

T

Tiberia

I personally advise, strongly, against anything over PCI 37.5Mhz with an IDE CD-RW.

I also advise against an IDE CD-RW generally, as SCSI is a lot more reliable (and tolerant). Of course you have the greater cost...but I wont OC PCI more than a couple of Mhz if I had an IDE CD-RW, such as the HP 8200i. Also, if it breaks, you got no warranty.

------------------
// Black Holes are where God divided by zero //