Anyone has Enermax 431W PSU?

Jerboi

Jerboi

Waasssup????
I believe the model # is EG365P-VE.. How well does it run on your computer?

Based on manufacture's spec, this power supply requires MINIMUM of 5A of load on 12V bus. Not having adequate load could result in instability due to lack of regulation. A home computer will not put 5A on 12V, so I have a feeling that it doesn't work as well as it should.

PSU spec page

MuFu

MuFu

Mine is pretty similar to that model and has been absolutely suberb. I have a car stereo running off the 12V rail though so maybe that's why I haven't had any problems. :D

MuFu.

Last edited:
animal18

animal18

Rarrrrgh!
MuFu. I just swore I just heard you say that you had a car stereo running off your computer power suppy....

"Don't, DON'T think about that statment for too long or blood'll shoot out your nose." - Lewis Black

CrazyyWolf

CrazyyWolf

Incredible Member
MuFu

one silly little question ... ummmm why do you have a car stereo hooked up to the PSU ?

Nice carpeting :D

S

Swedishlf

I have one, couldn't be happier with it (unless of course it were a 600W version) The cables are very long (almost too long) and I do get a little power fluctuation on the 12v rail. But all in all I'm pretty satisfied.

grover

grover

Ex pert
Is that 5.0A right? I'd think it would be closer to 0.5A- my antec 430W is rated at min 0.8A, and I can't see the enermax being far from that... I mean, how different can you really design power supplies?

MuFu

MuFu

Originally posted by CrazyyWolf
MuFu

one silly little question ... ummmm why do you have a car stereo hooked up to the PSU ?

Nice carpeting :D
Thanks. :cool:

Well... it ain't for the looks is it?! I'm going to box it up (neatly - aluminium case with built-in 12V powersupply) and stack it with the rest of my stuff. At the moment I can't afford a decent tuner and the one in the car stereo is pretty good + it makes a handy 3rd CD player.

Besides... I don't have a car to put it in right now. :D

MuFu.

Associates