Anyone got a working 5.25 floppy drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
I have someone who asked me to try and recover some very old files. I'd be willing to pay shipping and perhaps a modest price if there is some assurance that it works....

Technoplume

Technoplume

Last I check, my floppy also are in the ??? area. BUt you can buy a new unit in a PC store for 14$. I bet the gaz will cost u less then shipping. Else I would check Ebay and new egg.

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
The going rate is $15 because on eBay they want something for it, and almost all charge realistic shipping. I was hoping for a freebie here I'd pay shipping. I am finding that other than eBay, these things are VERY hard to find. I am not sure Newegg has one but I know I am not going to buy a new one.

wonderinguy34

wonderinguy34

Restless Nocturne
Have you checked thrift stores?I've seen a lot of ancient hardware ,but never really paid attention to cost .

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Yeah, I'd also add goodwill and local PC shops. I had one that I gave away to a roommate a few years ago, he wanted it ironically just so he could have a B: drive in his Windows XP system :D

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Check the disks you have to read first. I think those 5 1/4" disks went through an evolution similar to the 3 1/2" ones. There are later versions that are double density, so make sure the drive is capable of reading the correct density.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Associates