Anybody played Thief Gold demo?

Mephisto

Mephisto

It seems to be extremely short, not even one complete level. When I open the secret door by turning the roulette wheel game ends claiming "Mission completed", but I haven't reached any mission goals yet (except the one for not killing unarmed persons).
Very disappointed!

------------------
I'll be back...

T

tarez

One Thief player here....i skipped the demos and went sraight to the game and I will never regret that...thief gold was the first thief I played and thought it kicked ass and have thief 2 which kicks even more ass
if you don't have the game buy it. I doubt you would ever regret it

------------------
When in doubt break out the sledge hammer....

Mephisto

Mephisto

Yeah, thank you!
I also own and have played both games (my all time favourites); I wanted to play at least one of the three new levels which are included in Thief Gold. One is in the demo, but only a short fraction it seems.

Since I have the original Thief, I don't want to buy the Gold version also (3 new levels, price 60% of the original game).

------------------
I am the Spirit that denies!

slingblade

slingblade

Balding Member
I got Thief Gold off an auction and really like it. I got stuck on the (I think) second level. It's after the mines and in the prison area. This game is tough, at least for me. I still haven't gotten the hang of all this sneaking around.

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic
Yeah, that's a pretty early endpoint for the demo. There is another (longer) way down without going through the roulette wheel passage, but from memory you still won't get any objectives done.

Associates