anybody got cheap gasoline?? wow over a buck and a half

D

doughboy

wow, i musta been sleepin, last gasoline i bought was .98.9 cents a gallon (first of dec.) now $1.50???..... wow....guess ill walk to work....(not)

J

jopey

yeah tell me about it. for the first time in a couple years we have good snow to go snowmobiling and the gas is outragious. cheapest $1.37 (87 oct) usually $1.41 (87 oct). well forget about desiel and high octane. last time I seen deisel it was $2.29 a gallon.

------------------
WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

S

Splatt

Last time you bought gas was almost 3 months ago??? Damn, you don't drive much, huh?

It's killing me the way prices are skyrocketing. The thing that bothers me the most is that the reason prices are so high is that OPEC got together and decided they wanted to raise prices/cut production. So they did. That SUCKS!

T

Tweety

Heh, here in sweden those "high" prices are considered normal or even cheap...not that it matters to me rigth now cuz my "OC'd" Dodge Dart -66 was alitte too fast...guess I'll be walking the next month...

------------------
I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...

D

doughboy

i have a 1000 gallon tank, i still have around 400 gallon in it, but i was gunna top it off again, but not now..... i will wait... .98 cents is a heck of alot better than 1.51 that they priced me this mornin

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
You just don't know how good you have it in the USA. We pay nearly £3.00, yes that's $4.80 !!! a gallon in the Uk

BladeRunner

S

Storfe

Stop weening guys!!!

Here in Norway were stinking rich of all the oil we haul, but we still gotta pay about 1.3USD for each liter!!!!! (not gallon, 1 gallon = 3.78541 l )

This means the price for one gallon here is $4.9 USD!!!!!!!!!!! And we are one of the biggest oil-nation in the world!!!!!

------------------
Anyone got a cpu running at 666? :D

S

scottlefferd

wow, you foriengers have it rough !! LOL!!!!! here in Kansas we only pay 1.32 a gallon thats for the cheap stuff, 87 octane on somthing like that !

------------------
¥~ DEAKON ~¥
http://home.kscable.com/deakon

J

Jeffy79

Rumor has it those hikes were actually BS. Just the way to get more money, the gas companies. Oh well off road diesel is cheap hehehe good ol farm machinery.

Jeff

------------------
"Thats my story and im stickin to it!"

A

AndyK

BladeRunner, it's actually closer to £3.50 now (74.9p per litre (unleaded), 4.55itre =1gallon,1gallon= £3.40) which is equivelent to $5.47 per gallon
Mind you if you run diesel you can get cherry for £1.25 a gallon So I've heard hehe

[This message has been edited by AndyK (edited 02-17-2000).]

Donovan

Donovan

It's about time the rest of the nation catched up to our prices here in Seattle. It's been around 1.35-1.45 a gallon long as I can remember! I know it's a dumb ?, but why is gas so damn expensive in Europe anyway?

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
In the Uk it is down to the Government, and tax. Take diesel for instance which is the same as petrol (gas) at $4.80. You can buy "red" diesel for use in tractors and anthing not for use on the public roads. That costs about 80p a gallon just under $1.30

The rest of the amount we pay $3.50, is tax on top of £155 a year road tax, Yet another tax and now they want to start charging for road use with tolls. Unbelieveable !! but true

BladeRunner

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 02-17-2000).]

P

Payne

A friend just registered at BJ's (simular to Sam's Club) a buyers club. He said they have gas for $1.21 . That's .20 cheaper than the best around here! I am joining!

Payne

R

Rainbow Six

It's a goodie my parents pay my gas. Besides, my computer gets 1k miles to the gallon!

D

doughboy

time for another tea party eh bladerunner???...... we americans figured the uk out a loooong time ago.... hehehe..... i just cant believe that the taxes r that high... wow.....

T

Tiberia

Does anyone know that american gas sucks compared to the rest of the world? 87 octane?
Wow, you cannot buy less than 95 here... anywhere, a lot of people use 98.

And while the USA gets like 25 - 30mpg on most cars, my car (and a lot of others here) will get 75mpg...and it will do 125mph (although not at 75mpg, more like 35mpg), so its not some slow piece of junk just to get good mileage.

Keep an overview...its not ALL tax and Bullshit (although most of it is)

------------------
// Black Holes are where God divided by zero //

C

Candyman

Because I Can!
Guys,

What it all comes down to is the Almight Dollar. The reason prices are so high here in the U.S. is that the large oil conglomerates (ie. OPEC) decide to reduce production (reasons are a little unclear) which therefore reduces supply and raises the price because demand has remained the same. As any good economic student knows, prices are effected by supply and demand. So, with a booming economy (thanks to Reagan and Bush, NOT Clinton) we have a high demand which translates into a higher price on the supply. Remember, the gas stations only make about 2-4 cents per gallon on gas. There not out to make more money by raising the price. Thier big money items are such things as food, pop, beer, and cigarettes.

Clinton is suppose to meet with OPEC soon, but the experts (so called) predict nothing will come about and that prices will most likely reach the $2 mark by this summer in some parts of the country (look out you Californians!).

This really effects me because my company uses large passenger vans, which get roughly 10 miles to the gallon in the city, and maybe 13 on the highways. So with an average of 100 miles per day, at 10 miles per gallon, and $1.50 a gallon, I pay $15 a day per van! Or about $105 a week (only six days, but Saturdays are about 200 miles).

Thank God I can take it off my taxes!

------------------
YEOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! DAMN, THAT'S HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(My response after touching the top of my Pentium 66 overclocked to 1000mhz!)