Any snow stories?

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
The story here in Vancouver is that they're trucking snow to Cypress Mountain for the snowboarding events in the Olympics. Further north in Whistler they have lots of snow. Last year we had a cold winter with a lot (for us, about three or four weeks) of snow, but we're back to our usual winter with clouds and rain.

This year it's your turn on the east coast. Must be some horror stories from those further south.

wonderinguy34

wonderinguy34

Restless Nocturne
We're are probably the only place in North America without snow. {chuckles}

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
It could be even warmer. We normally get a week or two of warm sunny weather in late Feb. The current forecasts have that coming next Wed. (Snicker, not a big Olympics fan, but I'll be watching the hockey.)

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
ALL Time record snow fall in a 24 hour period...12" is a LOT of snow in Texas...All the schools closed etc;)

If we get two more inches we'll break the all time high for the whole winter....Might be time to move further south..

The snow was the old supper wet n heavy which destroyed a huge number of tree.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Snow on the ground here again, but nothing to really talk about like up North. :D

I am so glad I don't live in MD anymore as they have over 4 feet of snow were I used to live. LOL :D

Technoplume

Technoplume

:( Yeah were having a very warm Winter here. We got only 1 week of cold air that drop to -25C. Still it's far from the usual -30 and -35 were use in Feb. And the snow is at the minimum. We usually have more then 1 foot of snow by the end of Feb. But we have around 4 to 5 inch of snow left. Not complaining cause I don't have to clear my parking spot, but it does make me miss the past.

Associates