any progress on unlocking a 2400?

D

danielsjang

I know there was a huge boom when the 2200 was unlocked, but has anyone been able to unlock the 2400? (i heard from THG and anandtech that they were not able to yet...)
Or, is anyone making process?
Not that i'm going to O/C my CPU, but just for reference...

D

DuronClocker

Originally posted by danielsjang
Not that i'm going to O/C my CPU, but just for reference...
]

WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T YOU OC THAT BEAST?!?! You're looking at a chance for a 2.4GHz AthlonXP :D

O

Omypoo

I unlocked mine in about 2 minutes. You have to connect the last bridge on L3. You can only get 15 multiplier which is the default for this chip and 12.5 and lower. I am running stable at 175fsb x 12.5. Still playing with it...

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Welcome to HWC Omypoo

That is quite the nice system in your signature. I was just looking at that 19" monitor in CompUSA the other day and was impressed.

I am thinking of ordering a 2400 from Monarch Computer. . . . just in case I buggered the unlocking on my 1600 and it doesnt work. I am still getting the parts together to build a new machine.

Todd a

Todd a

Yes the fifth "L3" bridge will unlock the multipliers for 12.5x and lower. I've heard you can just draw a "U" shaped line around the pit with a pencil, but a conductive ink would be better. This realy does not help much as you might not be able to run the insane bus speeds to push this processor. You might be better off just leaving the stock multiplier and upping the bus speed. With good cooling some will do 166Mhz bus just fine. That is a nice 500Mhz overclock. If you can manually adjust the motherboards dividers or lock the AGP/PCI speeds so they are not overclocked too much, you should be able to get to 150-155 stock and 160+ with really good cooling and a lots of extra voltage.

This is a good CPU for a Promedia cooling system. I notice that you can FINALLY get them in the US, but they run about $600-700, but they can keep this CPU below 0'C under full load.