Any Photoshop techies out there?

u8myufo

u8myufo

:) I took these pics of my mates children and wanted to give them to him as a gift, however I have now become stuck as I wanted to change the backgrounds. Does anybody have a suggestion for either Paint shop or Photoshop. A simple step by step guide might help me I suppose, so if you know of a link then please send it on.
Cheers

u8myufo

u8myufo

Thanks for that Shinma, I will have to spend a bit more time on that side of things I guess, although if it had been outside I would not have worried too much about the background.

I

InnovaSourcePau

Hi

Close-Cutting a headshot without making hair look like an inverted plastic salad bowl is seriously tough. Assuming you know a little about photoshop, here's a quickie way to simulate it...

1) Use the lasso or draw bezier line roughly around the kids. If using bezier, convert the line to a selection.

2) Feather the selection by a good amount. try to get the equivalent of about .25 inches so if your image is at 300dpi, feather at 80. That will give a soft, fuzzy cut

3) Inverse the selection and delete. OR copy the selection and paste it into a new layer

4) put the new background on another layer behind the trimmed pix. If your new background has similar tones it should look ok