Antec 900 or Twelve hundred

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Whats the best bang for your buck case, look at my specs below and tell me which one is better, i'm sick of this ICUTE ZL08 case, it sickens me with the cable management and the airflow is terrible.

It hard to choose from, the 900 for around $190 or the 1200 for $220 roughly.

Pro's and Con's?

Cheers, Matt

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
In your personal opinion(s) what is the best for airflow and also what do you think is the best.

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Yeah, your right.. I might go ahead and buy one in a few months, ill keep looking around.

Cheers, Matt

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I was looking at cases, specifically the Lian-Li ARMORSUIT PC-P50B. After Google the model I found some reviews and the Antec is pretty much the benchmark for comparison. I don't have either case so I can not offer any insight. What I liked about the Lian-Li was the hole under the cpu on the motherboard tray. No problems mounting any Heat sink.

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

I'm building up a system for a friend with a Nine Hundred case (the first generation). I began installing hardware in it tonight and it's decent so far. Well built and more space than my Sonata. Here's what I dislike about it so far (mostly minor stuff) :

• The front panel cable is a bit on the short side
  • There's space at the back of the case, but only two openings in the middle right of the motherboard (forget about routing the ATX cable up behind the mobo). Also there's not much space for hiding cables other than behind the motherboard and underneath the bottom HDD bay.
  • The included fans all use Molex connectors. I have about 4 fan headers on my mobo so I would have prefered the 3 pins with an adapter. But I understand where Antec came from with this one.

I can't comment on the temperatures yet, but it should probably perform very well. Here's what it looks like now (sorry for the wiring job, it's not final and most of the stuff isn't plugged in) :

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Will the 1200 be better with cable management than the 900?
Also what about the airflow?

Also if anyone else can help, please add in your 2 cents.

Cheers, Matt

Shinma

Shinma

Feedbacks has the Twelve Hundred with better cable management.
Not surprising since its' design has it larger.

As already pointed out,
Both would have same/similar airflow characteristics since both has open fronts with grills
and
Large opening at the top, near the rear.
Difference being that the 1200 has two 120MM rear exhaust fans versus the 900's one 120mm exhaust fan.

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
If anyone has one or likely knows what its like, i only need to ask 1 more question.

Is it worth the $220 Australian Dollars?...which is roughly $200 US.

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Oh i noticed what people have been saying that there is no backplate cut out on the case for my heatsink, would i still be able to squeeze the metal backplate onto it?

M

Machupo

Newegg is having a really good deal on the 1200. I just got a 1200 and a CP-850 modular PSU for under 250 shipped!

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
I put a deposit on my Antec 1200, 2 weeks ago and am going to pick it up at the computer fair in an hour.

Unfortunately newegg.com does not ship to Australia..
Also prices are much higher in Australia with computer hardware (nearly double the price) so i'm paying $260 AU which is $230 US.

Associates