Amazing Video

Martin_89

Martin_89

I seen this video on another forum and can't beleive this, ive heard that an Octopus can blend in with their surroundings but i never knew it was this good at it!

VIDEO HERE

Skywlkr79

Skywlkr79

Grand Poo-bah
I've seen some good clips of them blending in, but that was the best. Good luck if you're trying to catch one.

edhe62

edhe62

I agree that it's bogus. When played in reverse the octopus actually springs little fronds that are akin to the plant that it's blending in to. If it weren't for that, it would possibly be up to question for me.

MuFu

MuFu

I have seen this clip (or something just as alarming) before. It's real AFAIK, just quite an exceptional example that happened to be captured on camera.

animal18

animal18

Rarrrrgh!
TaNG,

I had a dive instructor as bad as you. He'd be showing us pictures of what we were going to see on the dive, each one with a comment "This is great grilled", or "I love this one with lemon".

:D

Beyond that, here be more info:

Octopus vulgaris [cephbase.utmb.edu]

Last edited:
dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
The mimic octopus is pretty cool too, I saw one on a David Attenborough programme on BBC1 last year. It can do a remarkable job of impersonating a sea snake, a flounder (flatfish), and a lion fish, and quite a few other things, apparently.

flounder

snake

lion fish

krupted

krupted

see danny's links are much more believeable. but that first video just isnt right, if an animal could do it like that, that qucikly the military would be all over it