AMAZING ! CO2 cooling, Duron 1110 mhz

D

dataman

This is amazing.

How I did it ? My neighbours were giving a party, and had a bucket full of solid CO2. I took a bucket of the stuff and let the vapour be sucked in by my double fan on top of my pelt. Temperatures dropped dramatically, from 45 to about 20 degrees.
From there I used softFSB in 10 mhz increments and got to 1130. Thing would freeze when taking a screenshot. Highest screenshot is 1110 Mhz.

Once again a fine idea from this nice dataman.

I send the results to the OC-match as a member of team HWC.

------------------
I dissipate, therefore I am (Entropian version of Descartes in relation to CPU-cooling)

D

dataman

Jeez !

What do I have to to to get some credit ?

[email protected] without watercooling aint bad !

------------------
I dissipate, therefore I am (Entropian version of Descartes in relation to CPU-cooling)

Shadowfax

Shadowfax

Very good; my P3-800 won't get any further than 1008 MHz

It would even be more awesome if you could keep your system stable at this speed instead of lucky screenshots. My system, for instance, kept stable for more than 76 hours straight on running 3DMark2k in a loop and SETI + Prime95 running in the background...

The computer stopped after 76 hours 'cause I turned it off.
Also quite an achievement for WinME, I think

Nevertheless, the CO2-idea is great

------------------
The world is the cradle of mankind, but man can't stay in the cradle forever - Konstantin Tsiolkovski

D

dataman

I wouldn't recommend CO2 cooling.

My mobo and case were very damp & moist,after only 5 minutes of cooling. Luckily nothing shorted out, but that's also because my mobo (front and back) is insulated with neoprene, at least around the socket.

Also I have three stacked 80mm fans sucking the air out of my PSU, the intake of which is right above my processor. This mean't thar relatively little cold air got in contact with precious parts.

I will be working on my central heating radiator cooling system and hopefully send pics soon.

OC-contest: http://home.cfl.rr.com/pheenix/rules.htm

------------------