AHHH die windows XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

dfgsd

I had some wierd mouse problems in counterstrike under windows xp...i found that if i disabled somehting about pointer persion in the mouse control panel it made a big difference

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

I'm glad it helped you guys as it did for me. I'd like to take the credit, but a fellow quake clanmate (who plays lots of Q3) directed me to the link.

I started a thread in the Gaming forum.

S

Spilson

Originally posted by K62:
and not only that but i cant play fps's now cause my mouse is screwed.. it feels like theres smooth mouse on and heavy mouse accel!! but theres not its the same with the defult drivers and the logitech drivers.. and when i move the mouse fast it just stops or goes random dirrections!!!!!
I have the same mouse problem, but i'm running WinME.

If i move my logitech PS/2 mouse too fast, it goes in crazy directions!

How do you guys change the mouse refresh rate?

Any tips on how to solve this prob?

Thanks

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
Since you can't use a PS/2 port for anything other than a mouse, you may as well use it... plus, you have a mouse in DOS if you ever need it (not to mention that you leave the USB port free).

There's just really no advantage, and a few disadvantages to using USB for the mouse.

I'm using the Logitech Optical wheelmouse with acceleration and speed set to maximum and refresh set to 100hz. I've used this mouse and these setting in both Windows 98 and XP and haven't experienced any problems so far...

------------------
what?

D

DuronClocker

Originally posted by Spilson:
I have the same mouse problem, but i'm running WinME.

If i move my logitech PS/2 mouse too fast, it goes in crazy directions!

How do you guys change the mouse refresh rate?

Any tips on how to solve this prob?

Thanks

Thought there used to be a WINMOUSE program or something you could download that would allow you to change your mouse refresh rate between 40Hz and 200Hz. Not sure of the name though

------------------
MSI K7T Turbo-R w/ 2.35v mod
AthlonXP 1600+ @1900+ @ 1.75v
256MB Corsair PC150 CL3
12x DVD, 12x CDRW
Water-cooled 118w Peltier
Diamond TNT2 Viper V770 @ 160/190

D

DuronClocker

Originally posted by Baloneyflaps:
Since you can't use a PS/2 port for anything other than a mouse, you may as well use it... plus, you have a mouse in DOS if you ever need it (not to mention that you leave the USB port free).

There's just really no advantage, and a few disadvantages to using USB for the mouse.

I'm using the Logitech Optical wheelmouse with acceleration and speed set to maximum and refresh set to 100hz. I've used this mouse and these setting in both Windows 98 and XP and haven't experienced any problems so far...

I don't use DOS anymore, and when I do I don't run progs that can use a mouse anyways. Also, as stated above, I have no other use for the USB ports. Another thing was that this was a cheaper option than a PS/2-only optical mouse. I need optical because I lay on my bed a lot while being on the computer. I could easily move this to the PS2 port if ever needed via use of the adapter, but as for now I like it on my USB port.

I see no DISadvantages except for stealing a USB port and loss of DOS support, but as these are no problems for me(considering both Win2k and WinXP use almost no DOS), it doesn't worry me.

------------------
256MB Corsair PC150 CL3
12x DVD, 12x CDRW

D

DuronClocker

Originally posted by ThreeOnTheTree:
I started a thread in the Gaming forum.
Sweet and you even gave me credit!

Thanks!

------------------
256MB Corsair PC150 CL3
12x DVD, 12x CDRW

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
Have you tried using the PS/2 adapter to see if that has any effect on your problem?

------------------
what?

D

DuronClocker

Originally posted by Baloneyflaps:
Have you tried using the PS/2 adapter to see if that has any effect on your problem?

No, but even if I were to switch now, I already installed the update, so it would matter anyways.

------------------
256MB Corsair PC150 CL3
12x DVD, 12x CDRW

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

You can adjust the rates on your mouse by going into Device Manager, open your mouse, and it is under "Hardware settings," I believe. When running PS-2, you can adjust more settings than if you are using the USB.

Why use USB? Because if your mouse is plugged into a PS-2 port, it requires an extra IRQ. If you put it in USB, it just uses the USB IRQ. This frees an IRQ for something else (more important under 9x/ME).

Plus, my Mouseman Optical has a bright blue light on the palm, and at night (when all the lights are off) it is very bright, which isn't so bad unless you aren't trying to sleep. In USB mode, the mouse is turned off when the system suspends, so no light. This is also good because the mouse can't wake the system, which means when the cat jumps up on the desk in the middle of the night, he won't bring the system out of suspend!

DC: NP man, I figured you needed some props since you've been getting bashed in that gunpowder story over in CPU's.

N

netdude

I love reading stuff like "After i updated this with this patch, and reinstalled this driver 8 times, then installed twelve more patches, installed 4 Microsoft updates, did a tap dance, reinstalled that driver, formatted three times, prayed to God, reinstalled seven programs five times, waited for a northwest wind, farted in a southern direction, XP finally ran."

XP is a overrated sh*tbox that is trying to do what MAC OS10 did over a year ago and is failing. Wait for XP SE which is coming out early 2003. All of the patches will be included and it won't be a BETA OS like XP.

Everybody tried to knock Windows ME and let me tell you, i use ME, and it runs everything and never crashes on me. F**k Windows XP. They should name it XPOS, you can figure that out.

And yes, i have tried XP out on a few machines and all of them had problems in way or another. I can give a crap about fading menus and new colors.

K62

K62

Sailor
lol @ netdude

i have tried win95, win 98, win 98se, win me, win 2000, and win xp and i liked win 2000 the best for sure!

------------------
Duron 900 @ 1060 1.7v (8x133)
Abit Kt7a
192 mb ram
ATI Radeon 32mb ddr
win2k sp2

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
No, but even if I were to switch now, I already installed the update, so it would matter anyways.
Just wondering... because it really seems like people tend to have more mouse problems when using USB. But as long as you got it straightened out, then I guess all is well.

------------------
what?

D

DuronClocker

Originally posted by K62:
lol @ netdude

i have tried win95, win 98, win 98se, win me, win 2000, and win xp and i liked win 2000 the best for sure!

Straight up man! I totally agree. I hate XP, but as I have said before, I just don't feel like troubleshooting my network everytime something goes wrong. I have to do this with enough friends and families computers. XP, all I have to do is just re-run the network wizard. Actually, what I may do is change this computer to Win2k whenever I get my next video card and leave dad's computer with XP as well as the server. I don't use a hub, so I use my server as a network bridge/router, but Win2k doesn't have this feature and I couldn't figure it out under Win2k Server.

BaloneyFlops, yeah I know what you're talking about. Sorry for all of the arguing!

ThreeOnTheTree, hehe yeah I know exactly what you are talking about with the gunpowder, lol

------------------
256MB Corsair PC150 CL3
12x DVD, 12x CDRW

K62

K62

Sailor
lol i went to windows xp to win2k cause i was bored one day lol
well in win2k, i ran cs at 800x600 with a 2xfsaa on and great frames. but i couldnt score any higher then 2400 in 3dmark 2001 which was very low.

well with xp and after trying many drivers and tweaks i hit 2986 so i was right happy cause my score was higher then my buds and his geforce2 gts

but then i try cs again and mohaa and my frames suck compaired wut they used to me.. plus i cant disable v-sync so i had to force the refresh rate at 85hz

well im about to try new drivers and this mouse thing is still killing me!!!
lol its smooth, just when i flick it it doesnt move and spazes out.

------------------
Duron 900 @ 1060 1.7v (8x133)
Abit Kt7a
192 mb ram
ATI Radeon 32mb ddr
win2k sp2

A

Anitdaisu

all this talk about XP2003 ..that's bull crap ..there won't be an XPSE, it'll e longhorn or blackcomb...XP will have service packs ...

Associates