AGP Support

D

dhornsey

I am having problems with AGP support in Super7 motherboards. I have both an ATI Rage Pro, and Hercules Beast AGP graphics cards. Both work fine in my Intel LX system. However I can't get either of them to work in my two Super7 motherboards (a TMC A15VG+, and a PC Chips M577).

What am I doing wrong? (Its not that I need an ATX power supply is it?)

Thanks for your help,

Dave

A

I also have an M577. What do you mean by they don't work? No video?

I know I had to boot mine a number of times when I first got it before it would use my AGP card. (Accel Graphics AccelStarII) After that, it worked out dandy. Also remember to remove that one jumper that clears out the CMOS. It is set to clear it by defult when the mainboard is first unpackaged.

D

dhornsey

Yes, no video at all - not even the POST screen. I get one long and 3 short beeps - presumably to say it can't find the video card.

What do you mean that you had to boot a number of times?

Yes I found that jumper set to keep the CMOS clear.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Dave

A

After I set the jumper to NOT clear the CMOS all the time, I had to turn it on and off a number of times. Suddenly, it started working, and the beeps stopped.

A

One last thing. Make sure the AGP card is FIRMLY seated. It took me a few times of taking it out and putting it back in to get it to seat correctly.

S

Simba

It is either poorly seated memory (or bad memory chips), or reset your mobo with usually a dip switch or pin settings.
I have had the same problem when I upgraded my video card from a ISA card to a PCI card. When you reset the mobo it will clear the reserved markers for plug-n-play devices.
I think you will have to set in CMOS that you want CMOS to set-up your cards, then after you have installed the video card, set it back to windows 95 in CMOS.

Associates