accessing cheat code

S

SLEEVO

i'm haveing trouble accessing the cheat code console for half life. i type it in like so; C:\Half-Life\hl.exe-console. but all i get is cannot find file or one of its componets. make shur path and file name are correct. any suggestions?

fx

fx

You have to goto to the scortcut on your desktop or startmenu and add the -console from there, or you have to type in the full path like : c:\sierra\half~1\hl -console. The sierra\halflife is the default when installing.

S

SLEEVO

I added the -console in the short cut, no luck. i went to the half life folder to see if the file exsists and i could'nt find any. i typed the full path- C:\sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe-console, and still nothing. i'll keep trying. i finished all the levels, i thought it would be pretty cool to go back on some and cheat!! thanks any ways

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic
I think you're missing the space between hl.exe and -console. Try copying the following line exactly into the shortcut:

C:\sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console

zartan

zartan

Master Of Disguise
Originally posted by Tuttle:
I think you're missing the space between hl.exe and -console. Try copying the following line exactly into the shortcut:

C:\sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console
Good call Turtle!! That's the way to go! The space is very important.

S

SLEEVO

i got it!!! it was the space before the -console. thanks alot for your help

Associates