A Million Dollars ?

D

digitaldog

Still here!
A simple or perhaps not so simple question, if you won a million dollars or pounds what would You spend it on ?

DD :)

nodnod

nodnod

Dismember
I would pay off my house. I would buy a newer car. I would but some musical equipment. Then I would invest some and live off the interest as it is still cheap enough in Nova Scotia to do that.

E

ELF2000

Pay off my house, do some renovations to the house, update the car then invest some and live off the income.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Ah, thanks. We call them pensions here.
Interesing. A Pension and an IRA are two different things over here. A pension is usually some type of gratuity granted as a favor or reward, and an IRA is a retirement savings account.

Ratt

Ratt

A million bucks? I'll spend all of it on gold and platinum bullion bars and coins and keep it somewhere safe till i really need it.

whutsupdoc

whutsupdoc

Master of my Domain
a million dollars... ???? that barely buys you anything nowadays!!! and if u think u could retire on a million your delusional!

you would easily go through it in about 15-20yrs ... then what?? hope another scratch-off ticket hits it again.

as i tell my forever dreaming wifey.... stop dreaming and start earning the money to keep u alive and sane! you're not gonna win a dang thing, and if all u think about is winning the lotto, well then ur in for a harsh dose of reality!

D

digitaldog

Still here!
:D , I agree but it can and does happen, a UK person recently won £80,000,000 on the Euro lottery, that might last a little longer than twenty years with good management and even with poor interest rates you could live quite well. The average UK lottery jackpot winner is around £7.5, 000,000. Someone in my local village recently won that much but he's a "fruit-loop" so I doubt it'll last very long ;)

So I'll change the question: What would You do if you won £/$ 80, 000, 000 ?

DD:)

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
A million dollars divided by 20 years is more take home then I'm getting now...And I'd be 76 years old... Would have a paid for house and 4 years at the max amount of SS money stashed away with more coming in.

Nuttin delusional about that:p

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
If the retirement comment was directed at me, the question was "What would you (I) do with a million dollars?" My retirement is probably covered, and I already drive a Porsche, just not a 911.

A million is nothing now. My house is worth three quarters of that -- mostly land value.

Associates