A GOOD CD ROM DRIVE?

X

XkillerX

I've got about 150 dollasrs to spend on A cdron drive any ideas?

S

seanmo

That's a lot of money for a cd drive. I've tried several and found the Toshiba models to be the best. The worst are Mitsumi and Sony.

C

cdviper

If your getting an IDE I would definitely get
an Asus(there 50x speeds are coming out here shortly). If your looking for SCSI then go with Plextor 32X or whatever max speed you can afford.

K

Kevin930

Toshiba is one of the better drives. I tried 2 NEC drives, a USDrives, and a Cyberdrive, and they were all really bad - noisy and read problems. I have a Creative now which seems to be pretty good thus far. My friend tried a NEC and a Cyberdrive, and he concurs with me about the poor quality and problems of these drives. You should be able to get a high quality drive for under $100.

O

Ol Ron

I need a new CD ROM drive. Any ideas where
one can get an ASUS? I'm thinking of an
S 360 or S 400. My local had most chains
but is about 200 miles from either LA or SF Bay areas.
Thanks

B

BSnow

I have a Teac that catchs CDs in the tray when closing; I have a Toshiba thats been great. Someone above put down Mitsumi but I got a 32X a couple weeks ago for $39 and its been great- I don't see any advantages in my Toshiba and the Mitsumis are usually cheaper. Maybe it won't last as long but the Misumi seems pretty popular amoung retail PC manufacturers even offering 3 year system warranties.

P

Perce

Mitsumi, Toshiba, Asus, take your pick, if it is over 24X, runs and is inexpensive, then you bought the right one!!! LOL PC Sustem Tech here, have used all 3 makes, do not have a preference, as long as they work. www.bunta.com has some good pricing on CDROMs.

Associates