A Cel 466 at 50ºC??

P

pouzada

IS it normal that a a Cel 466 reaches 50ºC with no overclock?? It runs stable at 525 but the temp reaches 55ºC...

D

Duckman

Just plain mean
Try running it with the cover off for a while and see what happens. If the temp drops, then get an xtra box-fan or run it without the cover on.

Z

Zeke

It's a bit too warm, I'd agree, but not problematic. Low forties is more usual when it's not doing too much and not o/c.

Get a bit more cooling for security.

D

Dion23

I hade high temeratures with my 466, when a put on some thermal paste the temperature dropped like Tv antennas in an hurricane...or something like that..;o)

Yzerman

Yzerman

Are you sure that your heatsink is firmly in place? If it is, put some thermal paste between it and the temp should drop to about [email protected] and a couple of degrees higher @525.

My [email protected] never ran higher than 46, with a retail heatsink and fan. It is now at 35C, full load, 560Mhz using a Alpha and thermal paste. Great stuff.

D

Dion23

my [email protected] after termal paste and chassi of never goes above 36 (I think I had around 50 before), if I remember correctly....hmmm...actually I think I don´t remember exactly any more...=(

Well at [email protected] 2.2V it goes up 39 at most with the casing of, but with it on it rises and I got some critical point at about 40 degres when it gets unstable. As soon I get my VISA card I know what to do, anyone mentioned Globalwin or Alpha???;o)

Associates