3dMark03 Score!!

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
I am trying to see what I can do with my 9700pro. Right now it is at 337/324. My 3dMark score was 4942, which is up from 4681 at 324/317.25. Does anyone have any suggestions on how high I can get with just the stock cooling? I am not risking a new cooling solution because I have no $$$ right now to buy a replacement.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Woody

Todd a

Todd a

Some of these cards will hit 370-400Mhz for the core. Most say the memory does not do so good, but does not make as much of a differance anyways. I've seen a few hit 390/340 with stock cooling.

V

venom650_19

100% Hard-Core Gamer
I have stock cooling on my 9700PRO. I havent touched it at all yet, and I dont think im going to. But it's in my sig. I havent even removed the shim, and its doing pretty well. The memory is a little behind, but it does the job.

Tuxy

Tuxy

Hey woodman19_99, I noticed you have teh same mobo as me. How much did you overclock your CPU? Cause I'm running @ 3GHz from 2.8 and your running close to me with similar vcard speed. Are you running the 3.4 cat drivers? I gained 300 points after I installed them. I managed 378/351 at one point but I tried to tinketr with it and I can only manage 371/351 now.

I find it wierd how I can't increase the core any higher. I wouldn't recammend aftermarket or modding your card. Not unless you know what your doing. It's been a big ordeal for me personally and the yields have been only satisfactory. Had this crappy mobo been a decent o/c'er I wouldn't have touch my vcard.

K

Kdog154

Player
I'm using 3dmarks03 so our test are totally different.

I get 1260 on a geforce 4 Ti 4200 @ 265/526. And I have directx 9.0a installed.

Download 3dmarks03 and tell me what your score is.

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
I think I had this discussion with you before Tuxy. I tried doing a little o'cing, but I could only get up too 2.7 and that was somewhat shaky. I figured there was no sense in risking a blown processor or anything so it is back too default speeds for me.

Yeah, I did instal the new Cat 3.4's. Unfortunately I forgot to test my system with them before I started Overclocking the card, so I can't say what performance gain I got right now. Maybe I will reset the card settings and see what happens.

From what I am reading, it looks like I should be able to get a higher engine, somewhere close too 370, but the memory is pretty much maxed. Does thes the fact that the card is built by ATI have any affect on the memory capabilities?

Associates