3D Mark 2000 Benchmarking... What Are Your Results™

F

Forge

I am the new hardware Gawd. 8042. You may look,but please, do not touch, children, it *will* remove any fingers that come in contact. By my count, there are 24 people on madonion's database with higher scores than me. This includes DigitalJesus, who is currently under investigation for reportedly running a 1Ghz P3 up to 1.2Ghz, and supposedly breaking the 10000 3dmark barrier. I personally doubt that his results are entirely kosher. Him, and that other guy who claims to be getting high 7K's on a GeForce2 MX. Yeah right. As soon as I can afford to, I'm slapping a cooling kit on my GeForce2 and trying for more than 210/370. I think my GF2 is severly keeping me below 9000.

Athlon 750 Dresden core at 1.1Ghz
256Mb PC133 CAS2
4 way 20Gb RAID on Promise Fasttrak66
KT7-RAID with raid disabled! :p

Go drool at my score, I shall humiliate you! (Yeah, I have no idea why the >16Mb texture tests dropped off like that.) Find me somebody who manufactures graphics card coolers so I can try to get sponsored and break 9000!!!
http://www.madonion.com/compare.shtml?723675

------------------
And the beat goes on...

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
This was the last time I tried 3D Mark 2000... the score is about 2 months old and I haven't touched the system since.

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Forgot to post:

Intel Pentium III 700 @ 933 MHz
Abit BE6-II Motherboard
Apacer 256 PC133 SDRAM 2-2-2
Asus AGP-V7700 Overclocked to the Max
Full SCSI System

TaNG

TaNG

Celeron 566 @ 850
Asus v6800 DDR
Kingmax 128 PC-150

i get about uhh 36** something along those lines. is that a good result? the only thing i ve done to the coputer really is OC it, havent dont any other tweaking or nothing.

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
TaNG,

You should be getting much better results.

I have a GeForce2 MX™ that does 4225.

Something somewhere is wrong with your setup? Have you updated to the Detonator 6.18 drivers?

J

jayman2

Pentium 3 Coppermine 733 @ 825MHz
Abit VA6 Mobo
128 pc133 SDRAM
Aopen Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 @ 186MHz

3D Mark - 3135

TaNG

TaNG

Toolbox,

i reckon eh, but i just cant be stuffed benchmarking my $h!+ coz i didnt buy my computer to run benchmarking programs, just to play games and stuff, so uhh, stuff it hehehe

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Glad to hear that you aren't a speed freak... benckmarks just help you determine if you've made improvements with system setups: NOT TO BE BETTER THAN OTHERS!

I on the otherhand am constantly benchmarking my system to see whether the little tweaks I've done helped or not.

W

WalterMidi

Athlon [email protected]
Abit KA7
128mb PC100
Prophet II GTS @210/375

WalterMidi

Buckichiro, have you had any problems with DX8 yet mate ??

------------------
This is my computer...there are many like it...but this one is mine...'Full Metal PC'

Y

Yorkie

T/BIRD [email protected]
320MB PC100 RAM
32MB HERC PROPH. 2 GTS ( 204/342 )
ASUS A7V M/B

SCORE: 6098
CPU SPEED: 429

Is this score below average-I need to know how do i get the card to run at AGP x4 in the bios/whatever-enable fast writes? And would PC133 ram make any difference?

Cheers contestants!
Y

S

stufish

Processor: p3 450 @ 558
Motherboard: soyo 6vbe+
RAM: 128 pc 100 @ 124
Videocard: elsa gf

score 2997

Looking at everyones results I'm not sure that 3dmark is that great humm

------------------
Live every day to the full "overclock it"

F

Forge

STUFISH - what is that supposed to mean? Since I can tweak for a week and get 8000 with a high end system, and you can run a system with 1/3 the power and get 1/3 the score, I'd say 3dmark scales fairly well, assuming vaguely similar system configs. I recommend only comparing systems with the same or very similar graphics cards, as 3dmark seems to place an inordinate amount of emphasis on whether or not your GPU has GeFor* in the name. Aside from that minor problem, it seems to provide a very good comparison of system vs. system gaming power. If the whole GeForce bias bothers you, dig up 3dmark99. I score ~10000 3dmarks and 18000 cpumarks, and that doesn't see T&L at all. After exhaustively comparing GeForces of various types, Voodoo5s, P3s and Athlons, I've found that 3dmark99 ranks them all according to ability. P3's do beat Athlons by a tiny bit at similar clocks iif the p3 is EB and the Athlon runs 100 bus, but not too many P3s are running 1.1Ghz+ right now.

------------------
And the beat goes on...

D

Dolby109

Processor: Duron 700 @ 766
Mobo: FIC AZ11
Ram: 128megs PC-100 (crappy though, tested at 92mhz)
Video: Hercules GeForceII MX 32mb.

5453 3d marks.
438 CPU marks

I can't wait till I upgrade my ram to VC-133

------------------
Insert signature here.

D

Dolby109

I like how I beat Forge in 16MB Texture Rendering Speed

Forge, have you tried some of AnalogX's programs? I especially like MaxMem. That is probably why I beat you in that point. I had 106 megs of ram free when I started 3dmark2000 (where normally windows hogs about half of it).

------------------
Insert signature here.

NewBlackDak

NewBlackDak

rm -rf /
I'm embarassed!

[email protected]
Abit BF6
Micron PC-133 RAM
Voodoo 3 2K clocked to 185

3128 3D Marks

------------------
Overclocking is like supercharging. It's not necessary, but it sure is fun to have the fastest in town!!

NewBlackDak

NewBlackDak

rm -rf /
LMAO!!
I like how you did that, but no! I haven't even had the chance to get some real cooling on it yet. My buddy(he owns the hardware store where I got it) was pretty hacked that I spent 6 hours hand picking this one. I love having him to take advantage of! Just kidding, it all evens out in the end. I help him work on his truck and he lets me hand pick my hardware. It's a fair trade.

------------------
Overclocking is like supercharging. It's not necessary, but it sure is fun to have the fastest in town!!

Associates