3D Creative GeForce 256 Annihilator Pro and Athlons

T

Tyx

Does anyone else have problems with this setup? I have an Athlon 700, and the video card above, and every now and then, during games or if I change resolution, or whatever else graphics related, I get blue screens. Not always, just sometimes. If I reboot and retry it usually works. I'm almost positive this is not software related, and it's my card's fault. I read somewhere that this card and Athlons are not very compatible, and I'm getting worried...I checked for the latest drivers and the only ones I could find were released in January...if I'm wrong correct me...
These blue screens are really getting annoying.

I

IdBuRnS

Most problems between Athlons and GeForces are caused by inadequate power supplies and memory. If you aren't using an AMD recommended powersupply then chances are your GeForce and your Athlon aren't getting enough power. Also if you are using cheap RAM this can also affect performance. Go to http://www1.amd.com/athlon/power and see if your powersupply is listed. If not you might want to get a 300W unit from this list.

T

Tyx

I do have a 300W Athlon approved PSU.

Am I right to say that the latest drivers for my card were released in Jan? I saw some recent posts saying that they downloaded the 'latest' drivers...where are they?

23skidoo

Read the GeForce FAQ at www.tweak3d.net/faq and then try the beta 5.13 or 5.22 drivers. Be sure to follow the directions on removing your old drivers, it's in the FAQ. This actually sounds like your problem, most people are reporting lock-ups with this combination. Also make sure you have superbypass disabled in your BIOS if you have an AMD750 chipset, this will also cause blue screens. Once you get it stable it's actually a good combination.

T

Tyx

Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the faq's

Btw, I have the ASUS K7V mobo, (VIA KX-133 chipset).

Associates