celeron 366 overclocking
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: celeron 366 overclocking

Hybrid View

celeron 366 overclocking

I have a celeron 366 slot 1, diamond v770 non-ultra, 64 megs of pc 100 ram, and windows 98 with an abit bh6 motherboard. I was trying to overclock my cpu by setting the multiplier to 5.5x and i tried 75,83 and 100 fbs and no luck. Whenever i try overclocking right after it displays the correct overclock speed i get a message saying computer is unworkable or has been changed and then am told to hit F1 to continue or delete to enter bios. When i enter the bios the mhz is set at 266. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.
    thanks

Well, your CPU may not be able to handle it. Do you have good cooling? Need to start there, what kind of heatsink fan combo ya got?

Oh, make sure the clock speed error or something is turned off in BIOS as well. Speed hold error I believe is the thing.

i turned off that speed error thing and now my computer starts up fine and windows loads fine. ONce in windows all everything loads then my diamond v770 non-ultra using diamonds newest drivers never loads. My computer just waits for it to load but it never does. just wondering if anyone else had a problem with the v770 agp card or if anyone knows how to fix it.
    thanks

What bus speed are you at? You mentioned trying 75 and 83 - some agp/pci stuff gets unhappy at 83... Try loading everything at 66 then boosting it afterwards...
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

I loaded everything at 66 now im trying to bump it up to 75 and no luck still having the same problem

Thread Information