Epson prints black and white only
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Epson prints black and white only

Epson prints black and white only

I have an Epson Stylus Color 600 printer. It is printing only in black and white. I have set the settings to print to color and it still prints in black in white.

------------------
    Sylvia Hayes
    Sylvia Hayes

Is there a way to perform printer self-test without connecting to the PC, just like HP?

------------------
    Please never use your HP Notebook on your lap, she might fried your...
    HOME
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

HOME

try cleaning your printer heads the color one may be blocked if you havn't used it a while. also if youre not using the cheaper brand cartridges they tend to need cleaning more often.
    ecs k7vta3 rev 1.0 - duron 1gig - geforce2 mx400 - 256ddr2100 twinmos - enermax 431w

Sorry, I didn't respond sooner. This was posted for my son, who has the same printer I do. Yes, the Epson has a self check or printer check. I have told him about this, but am waiting for a reply. I also told him about the head cleaning. I thought there might be something else that might ring a bell?????

Mine was printing the color with one of the colors missing. It was still under warranty at the time and they had me go through the printer check and cleaning the heads with a damp paper towel. I can't remember for sure what they had me do, but it wasn't anything too complicated. Plus they even had me put the cartridges back in after removing them. At any rate since it was still under warranty they ended up having me return it and sent me another. This was at the very end of my warranty period.

------------------
    Sylvia Hayes
    Sylvia Hayes

If it was a new color cartridge have him check to see if the protective film was removed from the cartridge.Its easily missed,not that I've done it ,really I haven't!!!
    Win 7
    Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    I5 2500k @4ghz
    8Gb DDR3 2133Mhz
    Crucial M4 128Gb SataIII SSd
    Sapphire Radeon 6870
    Samsung 931bf 19" LCD

I'll have him check. Thanks. Ever try burning a cd with one of the dummys that come on the spindles?

------------------
    Sylvia Hayes
    Sylvia Hayes

Encountered this problem as well yesterday on the same printer model, clean the head nozzle for the printer and other maintenance available in the printer settings. After done that, the printer are able to print using the black ink properly.

Thread Information