Rage Fury in Win2000
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Rage Fury in Win2000

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)

Rage Fury in Win2000

Is anyone else using a Rage Fury 128 in Window20000? I had been running with the default drivers from the Win2k CD, but kept experiencing spontaneous rebooting every other time UT started.

I finally got around to checking ati's website, and sure enough there was a beta driver for full win2k compatibility.

So I installed it. Driver version 5.0.124, build 6.33.xxx

Now it forces my desktop into a virtual desktop in anything above 1024 x 768 resolution. My monitor supports up to 1280 x 1024, but it is reporting max resolution to windows of 1024 x 768.

Damn this is frustrating. I'm running powerstrip, and it recognizes my monitor and resolution capabilities, but even when I use powerstrip to change resolutions I get a virtual desktop.

I've tried changing the display type in the windows settings to several different monitor types, with no luck.

Any suggestions?

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    bump

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Thread Information