Need Help!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Need Help!

Need Help!

When I turn my computer on, all these things pop up saying "cannot find this file, cannot find that file". I dont exactly know what to do abotu that, i know i can change something in the star-up, but not quite sure where it is. Any one know?

Also, right when i restart my computer i go to control panel-system, and i check my system recources. Its 60%!! I know its not supposed to be that low, any ideas? Thanks,

Can you be a little more specific. Such as what file and what file? The more details the more we can help. I.E. The exact errors and filenames.
    Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you have enough to get by on!

Well, seems like you/an application has deleted some files that are needed but not necessarily very important.
    About the system resources:
    you may have too low ram (like 32 mb) and have lotsa little applications running at the same time (download accelerator, modem meter, realplayer etc etc)
    Try deleting some stuff from Autostart, and goto Start, Run and type MSINFO32 (I think its that app) and you should be able to see some more apps which doesnt show up in autostart

Did you delete anything or uninstall anything recently? Sometimes the program doesn't delete it from the registry, and then it looks for files that aren't there. In Programs, Startup, you can remove some files. In your registry, check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN (all the runs there, there are about 7). See if that file and path are anywhere in there. There are other places it could be too. Write down the filename and do a search in the registry for it. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST!!!! If you screw that up, you have a WORLD of problems. But only delete the entries if you are sure you uninstalled or deleted the program.

------------------
    GO BEARS!!
    GO BEARS!!

Hi np,
    I was wondering why so many HWC members have numbers in their nicknames...
    Just curious.

------------------
    Well now, who are you then?
    Part of that Power which would
    The Evil ever do, and ever does the Good.

[This message has been edited by Mephisto (edited 08-07-2000).]

Originally posted by VanDamage:

Try deleting some stuff from Autostart
    What and where is autostart??

Originally posted by Mephisto:
    Hi np,
    I was wondering why so many HWC members have numbers in their nicknames...
    Just curious.

Don't ask me, when i got this screen name I didn't think I would actually be involved, but here I am. I just made some numbers up, dont konw why.

This is what it says:

"Cannot find the file 'NP6120'(or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are avaliable."

"Cannot find the file 'eglbm'(or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are avaliable."

Yes PanDebit, I have deleted some stuff in my C:/ drive recently and im sure that this is the reason of it. But i cant fix it, or at least I dont know how to do it.

Can someone direct me on what to do or how to fix it? My icq is 83168611 and AIM is np6122, if it would help if we talk on chat. Thanks, regards.

check your ICQ NP6122, "Incoming'!!!

[This message has been edited by Perce (edited 08-07-2000).]
    486 CPU/32MB Memory/Windows 3.11(it rocks!) Sigh.........the good ol Days........

Thread Information